5th December 2008
The first "Release Candidate" of version 2.0 of Renoise is now available for public download and testing.
In case you've missed the previous betas, here is a summary of the features which have been implemented since the beta cycle began:
- New demo songs, chosen from submitters to the Beta Battle competition.
- Netbook Screen Resolution Support: The Renoise window can now be resized to min 990x550 pixels so you can use Renoise on small Netbook screens.
- Added some Factory Presets (built-in presets) to the new Filter3, RingMod and ScreamFilter.
- Added support for UAD2 DSP cards.
- Added new native FX "RingMod" (as replacement for Filter2's RingMod mode).
- Re-added the old Filter2 Dist Comp modes into a new device "Scream Filter", with more options than you got in the old Filter2 device.
- Added the ability to enter fractional BPM (like 127.56) is the BPM box. Fractional values can only be entered by double clicking the BPM value.
- "Velocity Device" fine tuning [details].
- "Filter 3"s Inertia settings are more "detailed" in the lower areas now. This means your songs might need to be adjusted when you've used Inertia settings apart from the Max/Instant value.
- Linux: Added basic Drag&Drop support from external File Browsers (dragging songs/samples/.. into the Renoise window to load them).
- Added a one-shot option to the LFO device when running a custom envelope: This will avoid that the envelope cycles. LFO reset pattern commands will retrigger the envelope then.
- VST/AU instrument & FX lists will no longer occupy the whole screen height when only a few plugins are installed.
- The new "Copy into new Sample/Instrument" actions in the sample editor will keep the currently selected instrument focused / will not jump to the newly created sample to make for example beat cutting easier.
- Double clicking in the Pattern while Pattern Follow is enabled and the player is playing will no longer jump to new lines.
- Bugfixes and tweaks a plenty.
19 Mar 2012 Renoise 2.8 Final released
13 May 2011 Renoise 2.7 Released
21 Dec 2010 Renoise updated to v2.6.1
05 Nov 2010 Renoise 2.6 Released - Script Everything
09 Mar 2010 Renoise v2.5 released
17 Dec 2009 Renoise v2.5 Beta Now Available
27 May 2009 Renoise updated to v2.1
05 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Release Candidate 2 released
05 Dec 2008 Renoise v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available
15 Sep 2008 Renoise v2.0 announced (Beta available)
04 Feb 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 released (incl. Linux version)
17 Jan 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 beta released, with Linux Port
06 Nov 2007 Renoise v1.9 released
05 Mar 2007 Renoise version 1.8 released