Renoise v2.1 beta now available (for registered users)
16th April 2009
16th April 2009
A beta version of Renoise v2.1 is now available for registered users.
New features in Renoise 2.1 include:
- Full ReWire Slave & Master support (on Windows & OSX): ReWire allows you to connect and synchronize multiple software applications, so that you can run them side by side while passing Audio/MIDI information between them. For example, you could connect Renoise to Logic, program your drums in Renoise, while arranging the bulk of your song in Logic. Or you could connect both Reason and Ableton Live to Renoise, arrange your track in Renoise, control Reason's built-in synthesizers, and play around with loops in Live. All it takes is some ReWire enabled software and you are good to go. ReWire has two modes, both of which are fully supported by Renoise: ReWire Master (ReWire Mixer) and ReWire Slave (ReWire Synth).
- Jack Transport Support (Linux only): Similar to ReWire, Renoise now supports the Jack transport protocol. Jack transport allows Linux users to start/stop reposition multiple audio programs, all connected/running through Jack.
- New Pattern Sequencer Features:
- Detached Sequencer View Now Possible: This new feature allows the user to detach the current playback position from the edit position. This lets you edit a pattern while other patterns are playing. Those who don't want this new behavior by default, can disable it in the GUI preferences pane. The "Pattern Follow" Option will then only detach the playback position in the Pattern Editor.
- Live Pattern Triggering: Patterns can now be "scheduled" for playback via a new column in the Pattern Sequencer. Without stopping playback you can now trigger new sequences in the song "in real time". The new column should be more or less self-evident. For those who don't want to use the mouse, there are also two new related shortcuts:
- Play/Switch to the currently edited Sequence -> Control + Shift + Space.
- Schedule the currently edited Sequence Pos for Playback -> Control + Space (exchange "Control" with "Command" on OSX).
- New meta devices (Modulation / Automation Device fun):
- *Hydra Device: Automate/change/broadcast multiple FX parameters with a single parameter. Think of this as a magic slider, which connects itself to up to 9 other parameters - allowing you to change multiple settings with just one slider or automation.
- *Keytracking Device: Modulates parameters depending on an instruments key (note) value. Like what the "*Velocity Device" does with Velocities, the Keytracking device does with Keys/Notes.
- "*MIDI Control Device": This device replaces the old "MIDI-CC Device", finally offering Pitchbend, Channel Pressure, Program Change & regular controller (CC) in a single device.
Other Related News
08 Jan 2014 Renoise 3.0 now in public beta - announcing Redux (Renoise sampler as a plug-in)19 Mar 2012 Renoise 2.8 Final released22 Dec 2011 Renoise updated to v2.8 BETA (incl. 64-Bit) for Windows, Mac, and Linux13 May 2011 Renoise 2.7 Released14 Mar 2011 Renoise 2.7 Beta Now Available (+Price Reduced for Beta Promo)21 Dec 2010 Renoise updated to v2.6.105 Nov 2010 Renoise 2.6 Released - Script Everything09 Mar 2010 Renoise v2.5 released17 Dec 2009 Renoise v2.5 Beta Now Available27 May 2009 Renoise updated to v2.116 Apr 2009 Renoise v2.1 beta now available (for registered users)16 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Final Launched; 20% Discount Promo for 10 Days05 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Release Candidate 2 released05 Dec 2008 Renoise v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available15 Sep 2008 Renoise v2.0 announced (Beta available)04 Feb 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 released (incl. Linux version)17 Jan 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 beta released, with Linux Port06 Nov 2007 Renoise v1.9 released05 Mar 2007 Renoise version 1.8 released13 Feb 2007 Renoise v1.8 Release Candidate 3 Now Available (incl. demo)
26 Mar 2014 StrayWorx releases "Teh Fl0ppy" v2.0 for Kontakt, Renoise and SF202 May 2012 StrayWorx releases "TeH Fl0ppy" sound library for Kontakt, Renoise and SF2/SFZ players27 Dec 2011 Puremagnetik releases "B-System: Atmospheres" for Live, Kontakt, Logic and Renoise28 Jul 2011 Puremagnetik releases Devil07 - Modified TR-707 for Live, Kontakt, Renoise and Logic