31st October 2003
Featuring rgc:audio's "revolutionary High Quality sample-playback engine, both sfz and sfz+ are aimed to the SoundFont user looking for superb sound quality".
sfz+ was created to extend the SoundFont format to the maximum possible limit, while creating a rendering engine capable of putting any sampler in the market to shame in terms of sound quality.
Brief feature overview:
- High Quality band limiting sample-playback engine.
- 9 quality settings to allow precise CPU usage optimisation.
- 256 voices of polyphony, unlimited layers per voice.
- Fully Multi-timbral operation, supports all 16 MIDI channels.
- Several loading modes: Whole SoundFont, Single Program, Direct-from-Disk streaming.
- Stereo output (sfz) / Four stereo outputs, one stereo Effects output (sfz+).
- A resonant LPF, two LFOs and two Envelope Generators per layer.
- Stereo Chorus and Stereo Reverb.
sfz+ will cost $60 upon full release but it is available for a special introductory price of $50 whilst it is in the beta stage.
A comprehensive feature list and downloads can be found from the links to the right.
23 May 2007 sfZed updated to v0.8.13
02 Apr 2007 sfZed updated to v0.8.12
03 Jan 2006 sfZed v0.8.8 now available
31 Aug 2005 sfZed v0.8.7 released
31 May 2005 sfZed updated to v0.8.6
21 Feb 2005 sfZed updated to v0.8.5
10 Jan 2005 sfZed v0.8.4 released
12 Oct 2004 rgc:audio updates Pentagon I to v1.4
03 Jun 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.9 released
22 Apr 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.4.1 released
11 Apr 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.3 released
09 Apr 2004 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.4 released
28 Mar 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.2.2 released
08 Dec 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.3 released
29 Nov 2003 rgc:audio sfz updated to v1.0.6
31 Oct 2003 rgc:audio sfz v1.0 and sfz+ beta released
05 Sep 2003 rgc:audio sfz public beta released
30 Aug 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ updated to v1.2
13 Jul 2003 rgc:audio Pentagon I v1.3 released
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles