Featuring rgc:audio's "revolutionary High Quality sample-playback engine, both sfz and sfz+ are aimed to the SoundFont user looking for superb sound quality".
sfz+ was created to extend the SoundFont format to the maximum possible limit, while creating a rendering engine capable of putting any sampler in the market to shame in terms of sound quality.
Brief feature overview:
- High Quality band limiting sample-playback engine.
- 9 quality settings to allow precise CPU usage optimisation.
- 256 voices of polyphony, unlimited layers per voice.
- Fully Multi-timbral operation, supports all 16 MIDI channels.
- Several loading modes: Whole SoundFont, Single Program, Direct-from-Disk streaming.
- Stereo output (sfz) / Four stereo outputs, one stereo Effects output (sfz+).
- A resonant LPF, two LFOs and two Envelope Generators per layer.
- Stereo Chorus and Stereo Reverb.
sfz+ will cost $60 upon full release but it is available for a special introductory price of $50 whilst it is in the beta stage.
A comprehensive feature list and downloads can be found from the links to the right.