3rd June 2004
The sfz format is simple, minimalistic, expandable and free, you can find out more at rgc:audio's sfz format page.
Some of the features of the sfz format are:
- Samples of any bit depth (8/16/24/32-bit) support, mono or stereo (.WAV & .OGG).
- Samples taken at any samplerate (i.e. 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, 192k, 384k).
- Compressed samples. Compressed and uncompressed can be combined.
- Looped samples.
- Unlimited keyboard splits and layers.
- Unlimited velocity splits and layers.
- Unlimited regions of sample playback based on MIDI controllers (continuous controllers, pitch bend, channel and polyphonic aftertouch, keyboard switches) and internal generators (random, sequence counters).
- Sample playback on MIDI control events.
- Unlimited unidirectional and bidirectional exclusive regions (mute groups).
- Unlimited release trigger regions with release trigger attenuation control.
- Unlimited crossfade controls.
- Trigger on first-note and legato notes.
- Sample playback synchronized to host tempo.
- Dedicated Envelope Generators for pitch, filter and amplifier.
- Dedicated LFO for pitch, filter and amplifier.
23 May 2007 sfZed updated to v0.8.13
02 Apr 2007 sfZed updated to v0.8.12
03 Jan 2006 sfZed v0.8.8 now available
31 Aug 2005 sfZed v0.8.7 released
31 May 2005 sfZed updated to v0.8.6
21 Feb 2005 sfZed updated to v0.8.5
10 Jan 2005 sfZed v0.8.4 released
12 Oct 2004 rgc:audio updates Pentagon I to v1.4
03 Jun 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.9 released
22 Apr 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.4.1 released
11 Apr 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.3 released
09 Apr 2004 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.4 released
28 Mar 2004 rgc:audio sfz v1.2.2 released
08 Dec 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.3 released
29 Nov 2003 rgc:audio sfz updated to v1.0.6
31 Oct 2003 rgc:audio sfz v1.0 and sfz+ beta released
05 Sep 2003 rgc:audio sfz public beta released
30 Aug 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ updated to v1.2
13 Jul 2003 rgc:audio Pentagon I v1.3 released
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager