22nd December 2012
rncbc.org has announced the third public release of the Vee One Suite of old-school software instruments for Linux, featuring synthv1, a polyphonic synthesizer, samplv1, a polyphonic sampler and drumkv1, a drum-kit sampler.
All instruments include:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plug-in.
Notable changes for this release:
- Sample loop points (start, end) support added (samplv1).
- Dropped all SSE dummy build optimization flags as they were making more harm than real good, performance wise.
- GUI layout moved from a toolbox into a stacked tab widget; also, a status-bar has been added at the bottom display.
- LV2 Atom/MIDI event processing is now official, a replacement for the formerly deprecated LV2 Event/MIDI specification.
- Added dirty checking also on switching from unnamed presets.
- JACK stand-alone: preset loader initialization fix.
See also: rncbc.org