7th January 2009
RNDigital has announced that its Dynamizer plug-in has been renamed to D4 and revamped with new features and a new look.
Now renamed D4 to reflect the four zone compression scheme, this plug-in is the multi-tool of dynamic processing, according to RNDigital. It breaks up audio into "processing zones" so you can control different levels as needed. Each zone has separate attack, release, and gain settings. Unlike ordinary compressors it can be a compressor, expander, compander, leveler, de-esser, ducker, dynamic restorer, limiter and everything in between.
New to the D4 is the concept of zone gain control (ZGC). With ZGC on, audio outside the thresholds will retain the ratio set for that zone. With ZGC off, audio outside the zone remains unaffected.
Those familiar with the Dynamizer will immediately notice the new interface of the D4. This streamlined design has the input meters and input gain on the left of the plugin. From here the zone processing takes place in the center of the layout. Finally the output meters and output gain are on the right. All the attack, ratio, and release setting are below this. In addition to this layout, the extensive key section is now viewed in its own window by clicking a button above the i/o map. This allows the key section to be utilized when needed, or hidden when not in use.
A short list of features includes:
- Four (4) individual, completely user configurable compression "zones" w/ separate attack, release, and ratio per zone.
- Zone Gain Control.
- Input and output "cloud" meters.
- User selectable key (left, right, both, side-chain).
- Seven key filters available.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- Target and processed key meters.
- Input and output peak hold meters with over indicators.
- Input and output trim with +/- 36 dB boost/cut.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- Multi-processor/Advanced multi-processor (AMP) capable.
Priced at $249, D4 is available now for Mac OS X (VST, AU & RTAS) and Windows (VST & RTAS). iLok or challenge response authorization required. Owners of Dynamizer can upgrade to D4 for free.