23rd January 2009
RNDigital has announced the release of two new plug-ins - FIREQ and FIREQ LE - and also its new Initial Bundle, which combines several RNDigital plug-ins in one package at a much reduced price.
FIREQ is a 1/6th octave stereo Finite Impulse Response (FIR) mastering equalizer with linear phase characteristics. It provides transparent results, without non-linear phase shift or smearing of your audio. Improvements over RNDigital's Frequal-izer (that it replaces) include 62 EQ bands with gain/reduction of +/- 27 Db per band-for precise frequency tailoring, an overall output gain/reduction range of +/- 24Db, and a larger, easy to read interface.
Extensive editing of your EQ curve is achieved by dragging the fixed control points, or by drawing a freehand curve. Scaling or smoothing of your settings are easy with the click of your mouse. With FIREQ's Match function you can learn the spectral characteristics of one audio source and apply it to another. Matching creates continuity between individual tracks, or entire mixes. Using FIREQ's States, 50 different EQ snapshots can be stored, copied, moved, deleted, recalled and saved for automation.
- Linear phase mastering EQ.
- 62 Bands.
- +/- 27 db cut and boost.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- Spectrum Matching.
- Automation support (using States).
- Work with each channel individually.
- Four channel linking modes:
- Lock - edit the left and right together.
- Weak - edits to one channel cause a similar change on other.
- Strong - edits to one channel cause identical change on other.
- None - no relationship between channels.
- Reverse - edits to one channel cause a reverse effect on the other (used with Weak or Strong).
- Dynamically change the width of an EQ curve.
- Output peak hold meters with clip indicators.
- Output trim fader with +/- 24 dB boost/cut.
- Altivec/Velocity engine optimizations.
- Built-in spectrum analyzer (with pause).
- States overview display.
- Draw EQ curve freehand or by dragging one of fifty control points.
- Large, customizable frequency response display:
- Show input/output, both or neither; turn control points off/on.
- Show/hide inactive channel.
- Control coupling display to visualize and select how changes to one control point will affect nearby points.
- History slider to easily browse and compare prior EQs.
- Curve smooth slider.
- Curve scale slider.
- Shift entire EQ curve in frequency or gain.
- Curve invert.
- Clear/zero an EQ.
- Zoom in to +/- 8dB.
- Integrated SAVE and LOAD.
- Two workspaces.
- Copy settings to other workspace or completely clear them.
- Plug-In formats supported:
- Mac OS X Power PC and Intel: VST, Audio Unit (AU), RTAS.
- Windows Vista and XP: VST, RTAS.
FIREQ LE is a 1/3rd octave stereo finite impulse response (FIR) mastering equalizer with linear phase characteristics. This new equalizer from RNDigital incorporates the same filter characteristics of FIREQ, but does not allow for spectral matching or the use of states. The layout of the FIREQ LE includes 31eq bands with gain/reduction of +/- 27 Db per band, freehand curve drawing, extensive history, left/right channel linking and editing, a detailed customizable spectral display, two workspaces and an overall output gain/reduction range of +/- 24Db.
Pricing & Availability
Both products are now available as downloads from RNDigital web site. FIREQ costs $249; FIREQ LE $129. Owners of Frequal-izer get FIREQ for free. Presets saved and loaded from Frequal-izer into FIREQ will be offset due to the increase in control points.
Both plug-ins are available for Mac OS X (10.2+), Windows XP and Vista in VST, AU and RTAS formats.
RNDigital Initial Bundle
RNDigital's Initial Bundle combines several RNDigital plug-ins in one package at a much reduced price. The Initial Bundle includes D1, FINIS 1, FIREQ LE and UNIQUEL-IZER LE.
The Initial Bundle has an MSRP of $299 and is available now as a download.
07 Apr 2009 RNDigital Labs releases Uniquel-izer 2
04 Nov 2004 Elemental Audio updates Firium and Eqium to v2.1
14 Sep 2004 Elemental Audio releases Neodynium