11th April 2013
Rob Papen has released RP-Dock, a standalone host application for Mac OS X for all current Rob Papen instrument and effect plug-ins.
There are handy features like tempo setting and an audio recording/playback facility.
The audio setting for sample rate can be selected from 44.1kHz up to 96kHz (depending on your soundcard/device).
MIDI input offers merging of all connected MIDI controllers and also included is an optional MIDI channel selector.
RP-Dock will host all current RP products and is completely free.
Currently only the Mac OS X version is available, the Windows version is to be released soon.
- Mac version for OS X 10.6 or higher.
- File Menu with option to save and load setups.
- PLUG-IN section with selector for loading RP plug-ins (Instruments and Effects):
- Volume knob control for the overall plug-in level with dB readout.
- Selector to open the chosen plug-in in a separate floating window.
- General audio section with the option to switch audio from the sound card On/Off:
- Sample Rate selector (Sample rate depends on connected hardware).
- CPU usage display.
- Audio input section with select menu for the Core Audio or ASIO driver input channel:
- Level control for input signal.
- Mute button (Mute is 'on' by default to prevent audio feedback when no plug-in is loaded).
- Audio output section with select menu for the Core Audio or ASIO driver. output channel:
- Level control for output signal.
- Mute button.
- Recorder/Player section:
- File Menu to select a recording. Supported file type is WAV.
- Time display of the current time from the loaded file.
- Volume control for the file currently playing back.
- MIDI section with input selector including 'All MIDI inputs':
- MIDI Channel selector.
- MIDI Panic button (Reset All command for MIDI).
- Tempo setting with a range of 20-500BPM.
- Tap Tempo button.
- MIDI Clock setting (Internal / External).
- Keyboard section with pitch-wheel and modulation-wheel:
- Mouse click velocity settings.