20th December 2011
Rob Papen has updated Predator to version 1.6.2, offering new filter types, new fx types and different GUI colour options. And, of course, a lot of new presets have been added as well, including new classic synth, DuBstep, Trance, etc. presets.
The Trance session bank by Gizeh has new presets and a very special classic synthesizer music bank has been added, programmed by Michel van Osenbrugge of SYNTH.NL.
New features in Predator 1.6.2:
- New oscillator modulation types: PM, Sign, Max, Min, S&H Mix.
- New filter types: 12dB & 24dB LP/HP/BP and Notch (type 2), Comb - filter and two new formant filters.
- Filter 2 with all filter types added included Q control.
- Filter 2 panning moved into filter section (was advance panel).
- Tempo sync Free Envelope 1&2.
- New fx added: stereo tape delay, tape flanger and analogue phaser.
- Alternative GUI color (more light grey color).
- Optimized DC offset respond.
- Back panel offers global tuning and tuning scales (.tun files).
- Midi program change and MIDI bank select can be turned off.
- New classic synth music by SYNTH.NL | 30 Synth NL bank.
- New session presets with Gizeh (trance banks): 30 Gizeh Trance 2 | 30 Gizeh Trance 3.
- New presets inside these banks: 02 Predator dance 02 | 03 Classic synth 03 and 04 | 04 HipHop RnB 02| 05 Trance and PsyTrance 03 | 12 DubStep 02 | 11 all SFX 02 | 20 all basses 04.
- Manual is again PDF and can be opened if you click at the ? button (lower right corner).
Also there are two new tutorials, the first one is an introduction to Predator, wise to check because you might discover some things you never noticed before.
Predator is very user-friendly synthesizer, which the introduction video shows but it is also full of hidden gems. The second video is about the great Filter-2 modes called 'split'.