27th May 2011
Time+Space, the exclusive UK and European distributor for Rob Papen, has announced the release of Punch, Rob's brand new software instrument that combines sampled and synthesized drums with features for the contemporary music producer.
Punch gives producers the power to use the drum synthesis to build their own unique sounding drum kits as well as the ability to load their own samples into Punch to complete their kit. The sounds can be crafted using the features, filters and huge synth power we've come to expect from Rob Papen synths.
- Drum Synthesis:
- 16 pads (2 bass drums, 2 snare drums, 2 open hi-hat, 2 closed hi-hat, 3 tom, 2 claps, 3 user drum) each with different models and a selection of classic and Punch presets.
- 8 Dual Sample slots preloaded with samples and available for you to load your own samples. Each has their own amp / pitch envelopes and filter envelope.
- Each drum has its own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx channels), and choke groups and can be previewed by clicking in the Drum Review Pad.
- Internal Sequencer: Punch has its own internal sequencer that can play eight different patterns of up to 16 steps long. Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks with each track having its own drum output. Users can control the velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed, flaming, time offset and free row of each step in each track. Swing, flaming time and humanization controls are also available.
- Modulation/FX screen: 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch's parameters. The FX section features 4 FX, each with 26 different types of FX.
- Mixer Screen: Shows the volume and panning of all the controls, plus the FX mix and panning, allowing you to easily mix the drum sounds.
- Easy Screen: Features easy to use sliders allowing you to alter the main controls on the fly during use. All are available for MIDI-latching.
- Bank Manager: Displays all the banks and presets and allows you to load, save, copy and paste them. Also includes a powerful search function.
Pricing & Availability
Punch has a RRP of £125.00 / €149.00 and is available to download now. It will also be shipping as a boxed product from around 1st June. Demo versions are available.
10 Mar 2014 Rob Papen releases Blue-II
29 Nov 2012 Rob Papen releases "RP-Distort RE" for Reason
16 Nov 2012 Rob Papen updates SubBoomBass to v1.1.2
04 Oct 2012 Rob Papen updates Predator to v1.6.3
31 Aug 2012 Rob Papen releases "Predator - RE" for Reason
29 Mar 2012 Rob Papen releases Blade - Additive Synth
14 Mar 2012 Rob Papen updates Punch Drum Synth to v1.0.3
11 Jan 2012 Rob Papen Albino for Mac updated to v3.1.5
20 Dec 2011 Rob Papen updates Predator to v1.6.2
07 Oct 2013 Rob Papen Blue 45% Off
14 Jan 2013 Time+Space Rob Papen Deals for Existing Users
10 Aug 2012 Rob Papen - 9 products in 7 Years
25 Jan 2011 NAMM 2011 Show Report
20 Apr 2010 Pro-Sounds releases Tau Trance for Predator