19th January 2006
The SH-201 features two beefy analog-modeling oscillators, complete with Roland's famous Supersaw waveform and resonant filter. It also comes with high-quality delay and reverb effects for adding depth and dimension to the sound, a saturation control for adding a ripsaw edge, and an arpeggiator for instant rhythmic motion.
Playing the SH-201 from its keyboard is only half the fun. External audio sources can be plugged into the SH-201's external input (CD/MP3-player, vocal mic, guitar, bass, etc.) and the sound can be twisted with the front-panel knobs and sliders. Players can wave their hands over the SH-201's invisible D Beam for dramatic modulation.
The SH-201 can be connected to a computer (Mac or PC) with one simple USB cable. Both MIDI and audio can be routed through the USB port. A VSTi software editor is included, which allows SH-201 sounds to be manipulated from within a VST-compatible host software sequencer.
The SH-201's front panel puts every control directly under the player's fingertips in a logically positioned signal path from left to right. No hidden menus, no nonsense. Just play and move the knobs and sliders. It's as simple as that.
- Analog-modeling synth.
- Ultra-EZ front panel is logically designed to teach the basics of synthesis.
- External input for manipulating external audio from CD/MP3 players, etc.
- Built-in delay, reverb, and saturation effects.
- Arpeggiator adds instant rhythmic motion to sounds.
- USB port for audio/MIDI connection to computer.
- VSTi Editor software included for computer integration.
- Invisible infrared D Beam controller.
No release schedule or pricing details are currently available.