9th May 2012
The Rosegarden team have announced the release of version 12.04 of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux. This release combines some significant stability improvements with better MIDI export, and new logical instruments that use channels dynamically.
- Code cleanup, commenting, and simplification.
- Extensive reworking of certain aspects of the track editor to enhance performance, improve reliability, and reduce bugs.
- Fix for bug #3466912.
- Fixed a crash when adding a track after going from record to stop.
- Fixed a crash on add track, undo, redo, load RG sequence.
- Fixed a track label clobbering bug.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug where icons were not appearing on the instrument popup menu.
- Fixed a bug where two tracks with the same instrument could be armed at the same time.
- Added some missing GPL license text.
- Fixed a static init order bug that would cause playback to not work for some users.
- Handle tempo ramps during MIDI export.
- Handle ornaments during MIDI export.
- Handle repeated segments during MIDI export.
- New logical instruments that allocate channels on the fly.