16th December 2012
The Rosegarden team have announced the release of version 12.12 of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
This release continues the trend of putting almost all development effort into stabilization instead of new features. Once again, Ted Felix deserves a large amount of credit for his tenacious pursuit of solutions to immensely complex problems.
Rough list of bug fixes:
- Fix for bug #1348 (was #3542166) "MIDI Recording Drops Notes" (r12959).
- Fix for bug #1349 (was #3546135) "Crash going past end of composition" (r13005).
- r12928-12933 have Chris fixing up some audio stuff that looks important. Crashes are mentioned.
- r12937 has Tom adding some controller commands that look really interesting.
- Julien (serval2412) sent us some cppcheck-related code quality fixes in r12943 and r12950.
- When a repeating segment follows an ordinary segment, if the clef/key is redundant and therefore hidden, the first repeat bar was misplaced in the notation editor. (The bar inset was computed without taking account of clef/key redundance.).
- Lyrics with multiple verses are now distributed among repeated segments (true repeating segments or successive linked segments) in the notation editor. This is controlled by the new "distribute verses" option in the notation panel of the configuration editor.
- Notation editor : When there are more repeated segments displayed than the number of verses in lyrics, first verses are shown again under the last segments.
- Patch to fix the float edit thing from Tim Munro (r13102).
- Synth plugins Controls button crash and a plugin settings bug fix from Tim Munro. (r13103).
- Fix broken delete audio files dialog, bug #1357. (r13111 and r13112).
- Better handling of overlapping notes when recording. This is a partial fix for bug #1350 "Can't Record Beethoven". (r13116).
- Meter deflection fix from Robin Gareus (r13104).
- Fix broken segment transpose controls #1361 (r13118).
- Patch from Tim Munro to add lib64 variants to search path for DSSI and LADSPA plugins (r13125).
- Fix a bug that sometimes crashed RG (r13134).
- Notation view left and right arrows now skip over "hidden" events that show only in rulers (r13135).
- Fix for bug #1352 "Manage Synth Plugins crash" (r13138, r13139).
- Fix for bug #1375. Rosegarden exports foreign character filenames correctly (r13151).
- Tom's new controller commands (r12937). Notation view has a new menu of controller commands, allowing controllers to be placed, edited, and copy/cut/pasted in a group.
05 Mar 2014 Rosegarden 14.02 "Kaleidoscope" released
28 Oct 2013 Rosegarden 13.10 "Joie de Vivre" released
09 Apr 2013 Rosegarden 13.04 “Allysand” released
16 Dec 2012 Rosegarden 12.12 "Glenfiddich" released
09 May 2012 Rosegarden 12.04 "Freedom" released
07 Nov 2011 Rosegarden 11.11 "Edelweiss" released
16 May 2011 Rosegarden 11.06 "Don Juan" released
06 Feb 2011 Rosegarden 11.02 "Claire de Lune" released
09 Nov 2010 Rosegarden 10.10 "Betty Prior" Released
26 Apr 2010 Rosegarden v10.04 "Abraham Darby" Released
15 Feb 2010 Rosegarden 10.02 Released
06 Jan 2010 Rosegarden 10.02 Beta Now Available
02 Feb 2009 Rosegarden updated to v1.7.3
04 Sep 2008 Rosegarden updated to v1.7.2
07 Aug 2008 Rosegarden v1.7.1 released
07 May 2008 Rosegarden v1.7.0 Now Available
02 Jan 2008 Rosegarden v1.6.1 now available
07 Dec 2007 Rosegarden v1.6.0 released
15 Mar 2007 Rosegarden updated to v1.5.1
07 Feb 2007 Rosegarden v1.5 now available