16th December 2012
The Rosegarden team have announced the release of version 12.12 of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
This release continues the trend of putting almost all development effort into stabilization instead of new features. Once again, Ted Felix deserves a large amount of credit for his tenacious pursuit of solutions to immensely complex problems.
Rough list of bug fixes:
- Fix for bug #1348 (was #3542166) "MIDI Recording Drops Notes" (r12959).
- Fix for bug #1349 (was #3546135) "Crash going past end of composition" (r13005).
- r12928-12933 have Chris fixing up some audio stuff that looks important. Crashes are mentioned.
- r12937 has Tom adding some controller commands that look really interesting.
- Julien (serval2412) sent us some cppcheck-related code quality fixes in r12943 and r12950.
- When a repeating segment follows an ordinary segment, if the clef/key is redundant and therefore hidden, the first repeat bar was misplaced in the notation editor. (The bar inset was computed without taking account of clef/key redundance.).
- Lyrics with multiple verses are now distributed among repeated segments (true repeating segments or successive linked segments) in the notation editor. This is controlled by the new "distribute verses" option in the notation panel of the configuration editor.
- Notation editor : When there are more repeated segments displayed than the number of verses in lyrics, first verses are shown again under the last segments.
- Patch to fix the float edit thing from Tim Munro (r13102).
- Synth plugins Controls button crash and a plugin settings bug fix from Tim Munro. (r13103).
- Fix broken delete audio files dialog, bug #1357. (r13111 and r13112).
- Better handling of overlapping notes when recording. This is a partial fix for bug #1350 "Can't Record Beethoven". (r13116).
- Meter deflection fix from Robin Gareus (r13104).
- Fix broken segment transpose controls #1361 (r13118).
- Patch from Tim Munro to add lib64 variants to search path for DSSI and LADSPA plugins (r13125).
- Fix a bug that sometimes crashed RG (r13134).
- Notation view left and right arrows now skip over "hidden" events that show only in rulers (r13135).
- Fix for bug #1352 "Manage Synth Plugins crash" (r13138, r13139).
- Fix for bug #1375. Rosegarden exports foreign character filenames correctly (r13151).
- Tom's new controller commands (r12937). Notation view has a new menu of controller commands, allowing controllers to be placed, edited, and copy/cut/pasted in a group.