Rosegarden v1.2.4 is now available. This is a bug-fix release that fixes several issues. It includes no new features apart from one new translation (Finnish).
Bug fixes include, briefly:
- Avoid crash on startup if /dev/snd/seq does not exist.
- Fix incorrect sequencer status report ("no driver").
- Fix MIDI Text Marker export.
- Fix text encoding for Lilypond 2.6 (UTF8 instead of ISO-8859-1).
- Fix stuck notes in matrix after pressing a stop button.
- Fix crash when erasing a duplicated key signature.
- Fix crash when switching documents with a tempo editor window open.
- Fix incorrect sorting and insertion logic in marker editor.
- Fix hang in main canvas when a segment has zero duration.
- Fix audio preview display for repeating audio segments.
- Update percussion matrix when a different drum mapping is selected.
- Avoid crash when deleting a device with percussion matrix open.
- Fix matrix display for notes outside range of current key mapping.
- Ensure correct segment is acted on when clicking overlapping segments.
- Fix sequencer crash when playing back tiny audio files.
- Avoid display hang when too many segments overlap.
- Fix several build system bugs, and compilation with gcc-4.1.2.
This release also includes several new MIDI device definition (.rgd) files, as well as updates for Catalan, Russian, Swedish, Czech and Italian translations and a completely new Finnish translation.
Finally, with this release the name of the project has officially changed to Rosegarden. Formerly it was referred to as Rosegarden-4 in order to mark the current application as newer than the long-obsolete "Rosegarden 2.1", a quite different and more basic application.