7th August 2008
The Rosegarden team has announced the release of version 1.7.1 of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux. This is a maintenance release that addresses several problems reported with 1.7.0.
- Improve resilience of frame - realtime - frame round-trip conversions.
- Make it possible to use synth plugins for the metronome.
- Use the name of the segment in the clipboard as the default label when adding a new triggered segment via the triggered segments manager.
- It is now possible to configure Rosegarden so that it no longer appends strings like "(copied)" and "(split)" to segments when manipulating them.
- Indonesian translation.
- Shelagh Manton has been hard at work tweaking the Rosegarden Handbook.
Significant Bug Fixes:
- Fix crash when cutting a range.
- Export either fractional or common time signatures to match the notation editor, with some minor constraints imposed by LilyPond.
- Implement ottava brackets in LilyPond export.
- Export pedal marks as \sustainDown and \sustainUp in LilyPond.
- Distinguish between 8va/8vb and 15ma/15mb a la LilyPond.