New to version: 6.5.1
- Metro is now a Windows 64-bit application. The 64-bit version was completely rewritten and no longer requires QuickTime. It includes full multi-core support and is custom optimizations for SSE.
- Ripple editing is now supported with the use of the option key (alt key for windows). e.g. Cmd+Option+V will insert time before doing a paste for the length of the data on the clipboard. Alternatively the user can hold the option key when selecting delete, cut or paste from the edit menu.
- Spray scale draw mode is a new mode of the spray paint tool which allows easy entry of riffs in a selected scale by simply clicking and dragging in the graphic editor. The duration can be changed on the fly and swing is fully supported.
- When entering numeric data in the graphic editor's note edit dialog, floating point values are accepted in the bar, beat, duration bars and duration beats fields. e.g. the user may enter 3.5 for the bar field to set the note to trigger in the middle of the third measure.
- The home, end, page up and page down keys are now supported in the plug-ins window.
- Metro SE users can now output audio in hundreds of additional formats using QuickTime.
- The port change dialog has a new checkbox 'conform out of range audio outputs' that, when unchecked, lets the user retain their track input selections in case they have changed the output device temporarily.
- Woah is a new feature (similar to exposé on the Mac) that allows all of the child windows to be visibly shrunken so that the user can easily switch between windows. There is a new preference tab whereby the user can select the options best for them. (windows only, see image to the right).
- Metro read and writes FLAC files. FLAC is a lossless compression audio file type. (windows only).
- The 32-bit version of Metro is now "Large Address" aware so it can allocate up to 3 (32-bit systems) or 4 GB (64-bit systems) of memory. For this to work on 32-bit operating systems the user must enable the 3 GB switch. (Windows only).
- Support for media keys, e.g. rewind, play/pause, skip forward, etc. (windows only).
- New installers. On windows the user has the option of installing either the 32- or 64-bit application when run under a 64-bit operating system.
- Many optimizations.
Fixed in this version:
- Loading a document with a missing plug-in will show the name of the missing plug-in, if possible.
- Initially upon recording, especially under the Lion OS, a long delay would occur.
- Many fixes and enhancements to the notation window.
- A crash could have occurred in the remote control window when selecting an input device.
- Independent track loops were not expanding correctly when expanding subsections.
- Swing is now ignored when quantizing tuplets/triplets.
- Improved VST support.
- In rare cases 'expand by channel' could have caused a crash.
- In rare cases it was possible that a full sequence paste would not paste 100% correctly.
- It is now possible to move around project folders and have them still open without errors under windows.
- The duplicate command replaces instead of merging data.
- To conform to operating system standards, Metro will now auto-save the current Metro document when shutdown or logout is selected by the user. Upon re-launch Metro will ask if the user would like to reload the auto-saved document. (windows only).
- The set cue, restore cue and justification menu items were not doing anything. (windows only).
- On certain machines re-qualification was asked upon every launch of Metro. (windows only).
- Remote Control windows system exclusive dialog is now implemented. (windows only).
- Many other bug fixes.
10 Apr 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.2.418 Mar 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro, Metro LX and Metro SE to version 7.2.303 Mar 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.2.222 Jan 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to 188.8.131.5205 Jan 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to version 7.205 Jan 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Sagan Technology Metro - 30% Off02 Jul 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to 7.1.103 Jun 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Get 10% Off Sagan Technology Metro02 Jun 2013 Sagan Technology Releases Metro 7.118 Jan 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.0.124 Dec 2012 #KVRDeal Expired Sagan Technology Metro 7 Special Offer for KVR users23 Dec 2012 Sagan releases Metro 7 - Offers special price for KVRers09 Sep 2012 Sagan Technology announces Metro 7 and launches 60%-Off Sale16 May 2012 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v6.5.2 - now with Rewire support for Windows16 Apr 2012 Sagan Technology releases Metro 6.5.1 for Windows (64-bit) and Mac (32-bit)14 Oct 2011 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v184.108.40.206 Jun 2011 Sagan Technology releases Metro 6.5 and announces Metro Sale03 Nov 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v220.127.116.11 Jun 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v18.104.22.168 Apr 2010 Sagan Technology releases Metro v6.4.9 for Mac OS X and Windows