Sagan Technology Releases Metro 7.1
2nd June 2013
2nd June 2013
New to version 7.1:
- Revolution Arpeggiator
- Multiple simultaneously running independently assignable arpeggiators. Each track can be assigned to one of the eight arpeggiators.
- Each arpeggiator step can revolve up and down one or two different musical scales or chords.
- Compatibility with Korg Triton arpeggiator including import of Korg Triton arpeggiator system exclusive data.
- Velocity modes: key, relative and absolute.
- Fixed note method for drum patterns.
- Alternate Strumming (flam) makes it easy to switch flam at each arpeggiator step.
- Flam can be specified at each arpeggiator step for customized strumming.
- Pattern changing/looping make it easy to create long patterns or programmable arpeggiator pattern changes such as key switching.
- Remote control events can be used for pattern switching and can be configured via MIDI learn.
- Each pattern can have an independent base scale.
- Keys modes, specifies if notes are sounded in addition to arpeggiated notes and more.
- Arpeggiator presets can be saved individually or as a complete set.
- Keyboard window is resizable horizontally.
- Expand pattern command.
- Ties in the arpeggiator window are more intuitive now.
- Legato duration step will play until another step plays the same tone or until the end of the pattern.
- Dragging MIDI files to arp window selects fixed note method if initiated in a drum view.
- 100's of presets included.
- Transport's 'Stop' button stops arpeggiator latching.
- Much more.
- Remote Control events are now in three user selectable and independent categories; Persistent, Document and Arpeggiator events.
- The onscreen keyboard window step velocity is saved with the Metro document.
- Contextual 'View' menu in the mixer window allows mixer channels to be viewed via 'Show All', 'Hide MIDI', 'Hide Audio', and 'Hide Selection' commands.
- Mixer Channels can be rendered via the Mix Or Render Tracks dialog.
- Background color for continuous data view can be specified in the general preferences dialog.
- Swing is ignored if the quantize is a quarter note or greater.
- Plug-ins with no GUI look better in the plug-in rack.
- Menu item to add 'new aux buss' in the output popup of the instantiated effects window.
- Help tags for the keyboard window.
- Default number of undo steps increased to 48.
- Alt (option on Mac) + Shift quantizes selection to note editor quantize settings.
- Double-clicking on the punch-in or metronome buttons in the transport opens the respective dialog.
- Metronome clicks sounds.
- Rescan audio devices in the Digital Audio setup dialog (New for Windows only).
- Horizontal mouse scrolling can now be emulated by user specified buttons configured in preferences. (windows).
Fixed in this version:
- MIDI Thru was ignoring a track's transpose setting.
- Copying and pasting tracks unassigned to any mixer channels would sometimes not preserve the original tracks output port.
- Better plug-in compatibility.
- Better cross platform compatibility.
- Increased stability.
- Recording with the selection filter enabled would produce unexpected results.
- Sample rate conversion would not work properly in some cases.
- Virtual Instruments note on and note off are ordered more precisely when they start and end on the same MIDI clock.
- Expand track loops was off by one MIDI clock per iteration.
- It was possible, in certain rare cases that a note would lose some of its parameters when dragging its pitch up and down.
- Count-off was not working if a plug-in was placed on an aux buss or a mixer channel.
- It is now possible to drag MIDI files from other programs to the keyboard window arpeggiator section.
- Plug-in Bypass was not always working properly.
- In chain mixing of multiple zero audio input plug-ins was not always working properly.
- A crash could have occurred when opening older Metro documents if 'ignore window positions' was selected from the switches menu.
- Transpose Markers works properly now.
- Revert would fail for Metro stationery documents.
- Mix or Render initiated from the sections window now works as expected.
- System exclusive recording was using 16-bits for the size, effectively limiting the size to a maximum of 64k. (Windows).
- Trim overlapped notes, in the duration dialog, was not implemented. (Windows).
- Metro Preferences have been moved to an easier to find place, in the "SaganTechnology" folder, now found within the mydocuments folder. (Windows).
- Numerous other bug fixes.
10 Apr 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.2.418 Mar 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro, Metro LX and Metro SE to version 7.2.303 Mar 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.2.222 Jan 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to 220.127.116.1105 Jan 2014 Sagan Technology updates Metro to version 7.205 Jan 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Sagan Technology Metro - 30% Off02 Jul 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to 7.1.103 Jun 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Get 10% Off Sagan Technology Metro02 Jun 2013 Sagan Technology Releases Metro 7.118 Jan 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.0.124 Dec 2012 #KVRDeal Expired Sagan Technology Metro 7 Special Offer for KVR users23 Dec 2012 Sagan releases Metro 7 - Offers special price for KVRers09 Sep 2012 Sagan Technology announces Metro 7 and launches 60%-Off Sale16 May 2012 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v6.5.2 - now with Rewire support for Windows16 Apr 2012 Sagan Technology releases Metro 6.5.1 for Windows (64-bit) and Mac (32-bit)14 Oct 2011 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v18.104.22.168 Jun 2011 Sagan Technology releases Metro 6.5 and announces Metro Sale03 Nov 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v22.214.171.124 Jun 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v126.96.36.199 Apr 2010 Sagan Technology releases Metro v6.4.9 for Mac OS X and Windows