5th January 2014
Sagan Technology has updated Metro to version 7.2.
- Professionally redesigned UI designed for large screen monitors, via the 'SharpGrey' color scheme, includes custom scroll bars.
- Color scheme dependent transport time line feature.
- Color scheme dependent editable track colors.
- Color scheme dependent enhanced Mixer Aux feature.
- Better support for 64-bit float and 8 bit audio formats.
- System for users to create color schemes directly from a .msty file, .jpgs and .pngs. Newly designed color schemes submitted to us and accepted for general use will be rewarded. For more info, email "info at sagantech.biz".
- View mixer channel inputs by simply hovering over mixer channel.
- Support for VST's effString2Parameter. This allows users to enter parameters textually for (supporting) plug-ins with no UI.
- Better keyboard support for VST plug-ins.
- Last color scheme selection is automatically remembered.
- Highlight color saved with color scheme.
- Non-rotary entry of pan knobs (set as default).
- Help tags for Mixer window.
- MP3 preferences for writing ID3 tags in MP3 preferences tab. Tag fields include current year, artist, album and option for use song name as title.
- 'Copy Markers as Chapter Text' in Markers window option menu now works under Windows OS.
- Two new graphic editor quantize modes. "Absolute With Selection" works like absolute but also quantizes the selection. "To Vertical Grids" quantizes the selection to between the currently visible vertical grids only and is thus affected by the zoom level. Selections can also be quantized (in other modes) by clicking in a pane of the graphic editor and while holding the mouse move into the track title bar.
- More vertical zoom levels allowed.
- New continuous data "line" tool in Sharpgrey color scheme only. The line tool is available in other schemes by selecting pencil and holding the control key.
- Dragging simple MIDI files from plug-ins no longer stops playback.
- Remote control allows remapping of pitch bend events to an entirely different range. Set out range to -3276 to 3276 for NI Monark to bend in a 2 step range.
- Better OS X Mavericks and Windows 8 support.
- Column header selection in the tracks window by right clicking the column header.
- The limit in Metro LX has been increased to support 28 effect plug-ins or 7 synthesizer plug-ins.
Fixed in this version:
- Effects outputs busses not in use, no longer increase the audio track counts for Metro LX and Metro SE.
- After step entry it was possible the loop length of a track could be incorrect.
- Better multi-processor core distribution.
- Better support for automation for effects/synths placed on mixer channels.
- It was possible after running the PPC version and then the Intel version that the sagantechplugininfo file would be corrupt or the discovery dates would change to invalid values (Mac only).
- Key changes are reflected in the transport immediately.
- Move/Copy notes in multiple panes of the graphic editor simultaneously was not always working properly.
- Loop recording would, in some cases, incorrectly set the loop length.
- Arrow controls were not always working in the preferences dialog (Mac only).
- Fixed memory leak when using plugins with a Cocoa based UI (Mac only).
- Improved text drawing using Quartz (Mac only).
- Compatibility with OS X 10.3.9 restored (Mac only).
- Metro (Quicktime) could hang when importing more than one audio file via drag (Windows only).
- Access violations in the closing of a plugin (jBridge) and in some other cases (Quicktime file conversions) are now caught and do not cause the application to crash (Windows only).
- Fix for VST plug-ins that start with their preset number out of bounds (preset > number of presets) e.g. IK CS-Metering.
- Was possible to mute and solo drums at the same time.
- Custom favorite controllers (associated with a program name list) are now saved properly.
- Deleting a subsection while it was being played in a cue loop could have caused a crash.
- Delete and insert time now correctly select the notes that moved into the selected area.
- Was appending a 'Temp' to the default file name on export track in some cases.
- The keyboard window would continuously steal focus from the list event editor in some cases (Windows only).
- Convert to 'FLAC' could cause a crash in some cases (Windows only).
- Fixes for clicks in help tag window and flashing help tags (Windows only).
- Arpeggiator pattern indicator was not erasing in certain cases (Windows only).
- A crash could occur if an internet proxy was in use during startup while Metro was looking online for the latest version number (e.g. on an airplane) (Windows only).
- Was not writing 8 bit audio files properly (Windows 64-bit only).
- Possible to now change tempo without stopping playback as long as there are no audio files in section.
- Plug-ins saved in preferences were in some cases not being restored properly.
- Dragging in certain windows now scroll or scroll more easily e.g., dragging a track number.
- Generally more stable and efficient code.
- Many other feature enhancements and fixes.
More info can be found in the Metro Forum.
Products may be purchased from the Sagan Technology Store.