Sagan Technology has announced the release of version 6.5 of Metro, the complete cross-platform digital audio workstation solution for both Windows and Mac users.
Sagan Technology Metro 6.5 has been strictly designed with two primary engineering objectives; stability and performance. Sagan Technology is very conscientious that their software be bug free and is open to user feedback. When a bug is reported it is quickly fixed and a new version is made available in a timely manner. Both new feature suggestions and bug reports can be communicated directly from users via their online forum.
Version 6.5 is the first version to bring standard music notation to the Windows version. It also adds quite a few new features including the new spray paint tool which allows the user to create notes in the scale of the user's choosing by simply dragging and dropping the scale. The duration can be fit to the drag or fixed with a specified amount of swing. Another mode of the spray paint tool allows cloning of a copied phrase with transpose in a given scale.
The real-time arpeggiator has been rewritten and now has up to 32 steps per pattern. Also a fourth row has been added to the pitch, duration and velocity rows, that allows for user specified chord combinations to be played at each step. In its default mode, the arpeggiator allows the user to play normal keyboard lines while the arpeggiator is still active.
Some of the many tasks that are possible with Metro 6.5:
- Download.Mid files from the internet and print beautiful standard music notation scores in large or small notation sizes.
- Create complete musical pieces from inspiration to MP3 (or dozens of other audio formats).
- Play guitar live through an amp-simulation plug-in, record the dry audio signal and MIDI controllers (such as wah) for easy editing later.
- Use Rhythm Explorer to create unique and amazing algorithmic drum patterns, bass lines, guitar strums, piano and other parts or complete tracks.
- Batch convert audio files between many different formats.
- Try out plug-ins freely available with complete support for VST and Audio Units.
- Score a soundtrack with synchronized audio to a Quicktime Movie.
- Import sequences from external MIDI devices using MIDI synchronization or select sounds on external MIDI devices using program names.
- Record multiple tracks of Audio and MIDI for hours.
- Share documents written on a Mac containing compatible cross-platform VST's with Windows users without modification and visa versa.
- Add lyrics to MIDI files in preparation of karaoke.
Metro LX and Metro SE are streamlined versions of Metro with different features sets and are also available.
Pricing & Availability
For a limited time Metro SE is more than 57% off and is available now for $29 directly from the Sagan Technology Store.
For a limited time Metro is on sale and is available now for $219 directly from the Sagan Technology Store.
This is the first time that Sagan Technology Metro has ever been on sale.
Demos are available here.
02 Jul 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to 7.1.1
03 Jun 2013 Get 10% Off Sagan Technology Metro
02 Jun 2013 Sagan Technology Releases Metro 7.1
18 Jan 2013 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.0.1
14 Oct 2011 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v220.127.116.11
03 Nov 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v18.104.22.168
29 Jun 2010 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v22.214.171.124
15 Sep 2009 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v6.4.8
14 May 2009 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v126.96.36.199
09 Jan 2009 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v188.8.131.52
29 Dec 2008 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v6.4.7
22 Aug 2008 Sagan Technology updates Metro to v6.4.5