28th May 2010
saltline has announced the release of version 2.0 of Ichi, a free subtractive, VA synthesizer with 2 identical sound generators and an extensive modulation matrix. Each generator consists of 2 oscillators, a state variable filter and a delay. It is a simple yet effective synth that is capable of producing a wide range of sounds from percussive hits to atmospheric pads, organic basses to digital leads.
- 2 identical sound generators. 1 generator consists of:
- 2 oscillators. 7 waveforms each. Octave, semitone and fine tuning. Sync.
- Oscillator bias, phase relation and pulse width controls.
- 12/24db state variable filters with note follow cutoff.
- Delay with sync to host, user defined and note follow rate.
- 12db filter, delay pan and mix.
- Modulation matrix:
- 10 Modulation sources: 4 LFOs, 4 envelope generators, aftertouch and velocity.
- Modulation amount, signal invert and restrict hi and low.
- 24 Destination slots.
- Modulation matrix destinations:
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width phase relation and bias.
- Filter cutoff and resonance. Pan and volume. Delay rate, feedback, cutoff and pan. Chorus mix, rate, depth,and delay. Limiter pre-gain.
- Global features:
- Chorus, limiter and master volume.
- Pitch bend range, MIDI channel select, portamento and MIDI learn.
Ichi is free and is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.