31st January 2014
Sample Logic has announced the release of HAVOC: Tools Of Destruction, a new Kontakt Player powered sample library.
HAVOC is a cinematic percussive suite of over 850 instruments and multis. The HAVOC sample collection has been derived from hundreds of industrial machines, farm tools, and everyday auto body parts and gears, all recorded in a massive multi-car garage. Each sample was recorded, processed, manipulated, morphed and then programmed creatively. It's geared for film, TV, game composers, and sound designers.
Recorded in a massive multi-car garage
Wood, plastic, metal, and glass are among the many organic materials used, twisted, and morphed into HAVOC. From saws and chains, to buckets and drills, anything and everything one would find inside a garage was recorded. Why not bring these tools to the recording studio? Instead, HAVOC brings the recording studio to the garage. Everything was recorded in their natural habitat (a massive 24-car garage), the result of which was amazing acoustics and natural reverbs culminating in bigger and more cinematic sounds.
Advanced User Interface
HAVOCS' progressive user interface has been designed with the composer and sound designer in mind, providing effortless control for complete real-time customization. HAVOC is centered on user experience by providing the freedom to infinitely transform samples into evolving instruments with endless possibilities.
- "Multi-core Effect Sequencers" for real-time effect automation.
- "Triggers" – 48 unique effect chains.
- "Arpeggigater" – sequencer based gate effect.
- "LFO" section to make things wobble.
- "Wave" – additive synthesis engine.
- "Pitch" sequencer for quick and easy pattern based transpositions on the fly.
- "Multi Script Macros" (knobs & buttons) for real-time sequencing of instrument parameter controls.
- Arpeggiated (50).
- Bonus (54).
- Hit Ensembles (45).
- Impacts (200).
- Loops (325).
- Transitions (110).
- Construction Beds (18).
- Instrument Stacks (16).
- One Note Glory (45).
- Over 850 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just over 5GB of sample content resulting in a 2.4 GB sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression.
- Native 64-bit support.
- Requires Kontakt 5.3 Player (free from Native Instruments).
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- Windows 7 or 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- 2.4 GB free disk space for HAVOC sample content.
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
Pricing & Availability
HAVOC: Tools Of Destruction will be available February 3, 2014, via Direct Download with an MSRP of $299.99.
For more info visit: www.samplelogic.com/products/havoc