Sample Logic has announced the release of Morphestra Generations for Kontakt Player and Kontakt.
Weighing in at over 16GB, Morphestra Generations is a collection of 1600+ morphed Instruments and Multis derived entirely from true orchestral recordings.
Created in association with Kirk Hunter Studios, Sample Logic say Morphestra Generations "brings the original Morphestra into a whole new generation of sound, creating a modern day virtual instrument that transcends ANY morphed orchestral/effectual sample library ever created".
Geared for film, TV, and game composers, Morphestra Generations includes ready-to-play psycho-acoustic sampled symphonic winds, strings, and percussive instruments and morphs them into a world where music and sound design collide. If you already own the original Morphestra, you can easily upgrade to Morphestra Generations, which also includes all the original instruments and multis from Morphestra 1.0.
Sample Logic say they have gone above and beyond the traditional performance practices and recording techniques to create the new diverse instruments included in Morphestra Generations. Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Symphonic & World percussion, Voices, Guitars, Waterphones, Animals, Warehouses, Tools, Machinery, and a number of unique World instruments were recorded in the studio and as field recordings then manipulated using Sample Logic's proprietary morphing and synthesis techniques to create new organic "never-before-heard" instruments and ensembles. All recordings were manipulated, morphed, and processed throughout the various stages of production, including the sampling phase, programming phase, and via Morphestra Generations' real-time customizable user interface effects and parameters.
How Morphestra Generations is organized
Morphestra Generations is intuitively and meticulously organized into unique categories, such as: Atmospheres, Instrumentals, Percussives (all with numerous descriptive sub-categories) and three categories of over 90 customized Multis ready for instant production.
- Atmospheres: Continuously sustained soundscapes that are static or full of organic motion.
- Arpeggiated: Customizable tempo-synced arpeggiator driven impact loops.
- Bells: Mallets: Sounds derived from recordings of bells and mallet instruments.
- Keys: Sounds similar to traditional keyboard instruments.
- Loops: Repeating sequenced instrumental recordings.
- Strings: Sounds derived from recordings of stringed instruments.
- Synths: Sounds similar to electronic synthesizers.
- Winds: Sounds derived from recordings of wind instruments.
- Big Ensembles: Multi-voice percussive hits.
- Impact Sequences: Multi-hit percussive instruments.
- Impacts: One-shot percussive hits.
- Kits: Drum set-like instruments.
- Loops: Sub-categorized percussive sequences.
- Transitions: Strategic rhythmic gestures for blending and bridging events and musical ideas.
- Multis: Powerful templates combining various Morphestra Generations instruments into all-in-one presets.
- Construction Beds: Various instruments types mapped out across the keymap in zones.
- Instrument Stacks: Several instruments stacked on top of one another, sharing the same keymap range.
- One Note Glory: Several instruments stacked on top of one another, sharing the same keymap range, to be performed by playing one note.
Morphestra Generations' user interface was designed with the composer and sound designer in mind, providing effortless control for complete real-time customization. The core of Morphestra Generations is focused around the user experience, providing the freedom to infinitely transform samples into twisted evolving instruments with endless possibilities.
The interface includes:
- "Multi-core Effect Sequencers" for real-time effect automation.
- "Triggers" - 48 unique effect chains.
- "Arpeggigater" - sequencer based gate effect.
- "LFO" section to make things wobble.
- "Wave" - additive synthesis engine.
- "Pitch" sequencer for quick and easy pattern based transpositions on the fly.
- "Multi Script Macros" for real-time sequencing of instrument parameter controls.
- 17GB free disk space for Morphestra Generations sample content.
- Over 1600 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just over 16GB sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression.
- Native 64-bit support.
System Requirements & Compatibility:
- Requires Kontakt 5.2 Player free from Native Instruments.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- Windows 7 or 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
Price (MSRP): $599.99. Customer upgrade for original Morphestra customers: $99.99.
For more info visit: www.samplelogic.com/products/morphestra
Trailer Video: http://youtu.be/LTfe_1qlP1U
John Debney Video: http://youtu.be/Nvudhbjbfl0
10 Dec 2013 Sample Logic releases Waterharp 2 for Kontakt
18 Sep 2012 Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars 2
04 Apr 2012 Sample Logic releases Synergy X for Kontakt
05 Mar 2012 Sample Logic announces 50% Off Box Sale
17 Jan 2012 Sample Logic releases "TryPack" for Kontakt
15 Sep 2010 Sample Logic releases Cinematic Guitars
05 Mar 2014 ThaLoops releases "Cello 4 Hip Hop" for Kontakt
04 Mar 2014 Vir2 releases Acou6tics for Kontakt Player
03 Mar 2014 Sounds And Effects Electrified! Guitars On Sale
01 Mar 2014 Forgotten Keys updates FK6 for Kontakt to v4.2d