Each rack has been built to cater to the demands of modern dance music producers - tried, tested and tweaked to offer mixing options with simple controls for maximum dancefloor impact.
Built exclusively from Ableton's native tools and FX, each macro-controllable rack offers deep-level and highly-targeted enhancement of the key mix components in any dance track, from kick drum to hi-hats, synths to bass.
There are eight macros per Rack with controls intended for the most important aspects of each sound. From common workflow tools to complex signal chains containing saturation, precisely honed EQ, parallel compression and limiting, each one is controlled via a single macro knob in an effort to make powerful sound-shaping simple and intuitive.
All Racks are fully-editable. Users can open them up, tweak parameters, change routings, swap in and out tools to fit their workflow seamlessly.
Compiled by Live power-user and long-time SM sound designer Hedflux, Magic Racks: Mix Essentials is a workflow optimiser and creative mix tool, allowing a user to make intuitive production tweaks to the pivotal components of a track, both in the studio and as part of Live sets.
- Kick Tweaker: Tighten, deepen and fine-tune any kick drum. No transient is left un-tweaked in this comprehensive kick drum tool.
- Snare Shaper: Precise tonal and envelope controls to whip snares, claps, sticks and stacks into shape.
- Bass Toner: Use Bass Toner to add weight, warmth and width to any weedy bassline or to sculpt and sharpen overbearing subs.
- Percussion Processor: Give life, movement and energy to percussion, hi-hats and tops.
- Synth Modulator: Creative tools to morph melodics with 8 simple macro controls.
For full details and to see the Racks in action, check the video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aue4cCL1YqA