1st October 2009
Sample Logic has announced the release of Morphestra, its powerful collection of creatively new and inventive organic instruments - Morphestra is derived entirely from orchestral recordings and psycho-acoustic sound design. In association with Kirk Hunter Studios and powered by Native Instruments Kontakt Player 3, Morphestra is an epic collection of over 27 GB and 1200+ instruments and multis delivered pre-installed on a pocket-sized Glyph hard drive.
Sample Logic says that out of the box, Morphestra is ideal for film, TV, video games, electronic music, ambient music, multimedia genres, and much more... This makes creating an entire production possible without the assistance of any additional third-party instruments and effects. Rather than reinventing the traditional orchestra, Sample Logic has created a modern-day virtual instrument using effectual techniques. Morphestra includes: cinematic atmospheres, innovative arpeggiated/gated melodic and rhythmic instruments, thunderous percussive impacts, transition trailer effects, and dynamic rhythmic loops, and lush evocative pads, just to name a few.
Morphestra comes pre-installed on a reliable and portable 80 GB Glyph hard drive - Morphestra is "small enough to fit into a pocket and powerful enough to support high track-count audio sessions."
Morphestra's scripted sound-sculpting interface gives users control through the Native Instruments Kontakt engine. With 5 full tabs of more than 40 on-screen effects and performance parameters, morphing and sculpting is easy. Sample Logic has collaborated with many of the world's leading composers to provide a massive variety of multis created by composers for composers.
Additional multis have been created by:
- Mark Isham - Grammy/Emmy award-winning composer whose works includes: Fame, Crash, Bobby, A River Runs Through It, Miracle, Point Break, Reservation Road, Blade, Lions For Lambs, Next, Invincible, October Sky, Of Mice And Men, Chicago Hope, and much more...
- Tom Salta - Renowned video game composer whose works includes: Red Steel 2, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2, Need For Speed Underground 2.
- Rupert Gregson-Williams - Award-winning composer whose works include: Bee Movie, Bedtime Stories, Made Of Honor, You Don't Mess With The Zohan, Click, Over The Hedge, Hotel Rwanda, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, and much more...
- David Lawrence - Award-winning composer whose works include: High School Musical, American Pie 1 & 2, Van Wilder, Cane, Jericho, The Cleaner, Harpers Island, and much more...
- Bill Brown - Award-winning composer whose works include: CSI: NY, Ghost Recon, Wolfenstein, Rainbow Six, Command And Conquer, and much more...
How was Morphestra created?
Sounds were been recorded from all over the world and include: Symphonic/World percussion, Vocals, Guitars, Waterphone, Animals, Warehouses, Strings, Brass, Winds, Tools, Machinery and an entire realm of World/Ethnic instruments. Sample Logic then manipulated these sounds using various proprietary techniques and combined them with multiple electronic synthesis elements to create new, organic, never-before-heard instruments and ensembles.
Morphestra is packed with 27+ GB of over 1200 instruments and multis. The library is divided into 3 main categories: Atmospheres, Instrumentals, Percussives.
All of these instruments are derived from orchestral studio and field recordings, many of which were manipulated, morphed, and processed at multiple stages of product development, including the sample production phase, the programming phase, and in real-time via Morphestra's user controllable interface parameters.
- Atmosphere/ambient soundscapes and stinger construction kits.
- Melodic and rhythmic tempo-synced loops, loop construction kits, and arpeggiated/gated melodic and impact sequences.
- Single impacts, cinematic impact ensembles, and percussive kits.
- Morphed winds, strings, synths, mallets, bells, solo and ensemble pads and melodic instruments.
- Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional trailer effects.
- Performance-ready multis (playable interactive presets templates made from multiple instruments).
Pricing & Availability
Morphestra has an MSRP of $699. It is available for Windows and Mac OS X via the included Kontakt Player in stand-alone and VST, AU, DX and RTAS instrument plug-in formats. Of course it will also load into the full version of Kontakt 3+.
18 Sep 2012 Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars 2
04 Apr 2012 Sample Logic releases Synergy X for Kontakt
05 Mar 2012 Sample Logic announces 50% Off Box Sale
17 Jan 2012 Sample Logic releases "TryPack" for Kontakt
15 Sep 2010 Sample Logic releases Cinematic Guitars
01 Jul 2010 Sample Logic releases Vuvuzela for Kontakt
12 May 2010 Sample Logic releases Acoustix for Live
17 Feb 2010 Sample Logic releases A.I.R. Expanded
20 Dec 2012 Cinematique Instruments updates GECKO to 2.0