23rd November 2010
Sample Magic has announced the release of SM20 Electro, a new sample library featuring 750MB of "pumping bass, jackin' beats and twisted synths". Electro features Wav, Rex2 & RMX-compatible Rex2 loops, Apple Loops, EXS24, Reason NN-XT and Kontakt III patches. The Limited Edition Collectors Bookpack (with free postage worldwide) costs £54.90.
Sample Magic say: "Running the ground between indie-dance and peak-time main-room filth, SM20 Electro takes in techno, Dutch, jackin' and classic French disco, bending all the rules and mashing every genre along the way. But best of all, to celebrate our 20th release we've put together a special package for SM fans. Instead of the DVD multipack we're offering you the chance to get your hands on an exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Bookpack – featuring 2 stacked DVDs, one bonus CD, bonus booklet and the 'Behind the Scenes at Sample Magic' film."
What's in the collection?
- Drum Loops: From warm to fuzzy, sparse to busy, bouncy to jackin' and groovy to poppin': four packed folders of classic drum machine filth and live-infused workouts at 128BPM.
- Kick-Free Top & Nu-Perc Loops: Electro meets warehouse rave in 100+ rhythmically inspired, circuit-bent slices of beat-starters to max the tracks.
- Bass Loops: Pulsating '80s monosynths, dripping wet Italo madness, distorted squares and tone-bent saws -
from the monstrous to the melodic.
- Music Loops: Ravey pads, Euro-disco runs, genre bending arps and big-room seqs primed to wreck the floor.
- Synth Loops: Key-labeled synth toplines plied with biting analogue warmth and manga-tweaked tube grime.
- Combi Loops: Frequently imitated but rarely bettered: a ready-rolled selection of instant loop-kits, featuring music and drum loops fully separated with added variants for you to drop & go.
- FX & FX Loops: When synths attack: biting whooshes, ear-mashing screeches, ravey sirens, acid house horns and tempo-linked builds, breaks and berzerkers.
- Drum Hits & One Shots: Finely sculpted precision-cut kicks, snares, hats, hits and crashes - all layered, tweaked and refined using the fabled Sample Magic all-analogue signal path.