Samples From Mars has announced the release of WASP From Mars, which features two digital oscillators that feed a multimode analog filter whose character lends itself to the buzzy arthropod it was named after.
Here's what they say:
"The WASP is a funky, dual-oscillator synthesizer designed by Chris Hugget in the late 70s, who would later go on to make the esteemed OSCar synthesizer. With sharp leads, cutting bass, a buzzy filter, and wonky FX, it's clear why its sounds are sprinkled all over Broadcast's discography (we actually sampled the same one they used!). And it's no shock that John Casale (Devo) names the WASP as his favorite old synthesizer, (even after stage lights melted its plastic casing during a performance)."
- 40 Multi-Sampled WASP Instruments.
- Drunken pads, skin-piercing leads and swarming FX.
- Raw waveforms, evil basses and deranged modulation.
- Clean and processed recordings with a variety of Class A gear.
- Extensively multi-sampled modulation and FX routing on all instruments.
- Hand trimmed and looped to perfection.
- 2.5 GB Unzipped.