6th December 2004
The VKFX completes Scarbee's vision for vintage keyboard sample libraries which faithfully capture the sounds of the original masters - right down to the effects processing which was often a key element in defining a classic instrument's unique 'voice'.
Loaded into the VKFX are eight effects processors, including the essential electric piano preamp with stereo tremolo, a Compressor, Wah (Envelope Filter), Phase Shifter, Chorus Unit, Overdrive, Tape Delay, and a Valve Amp modelled on arguably the most popular device ever used to amplify electric keyboards (and the model includes the four spring reverb).
- Multiple mode switching allows module architecture to alternate from one version of a particular effects processor to another which has a completely different sonic character - at the touch of a button.
- Simultaneous editing of all processors is available via a friendly and intuitive interface presented in the form of a rack of independent modules.
- Module order can be rearranged by simply dragging and dropping modules to where they're needed, giving users fast and total control over the effects chain.
- Easy A-B morphing between presets makes experimentation and creation of new sounds effortless.
- Highly CPU efficient coding and module layout means that users can load the VKFX without the fear of watching a system's processor overhead disappear, in the certain knowledge that processing quality is first class.
- All rates and times can be sync'd to VST host, internal clock or left independent for a more 'analog' approach.
- All parameters are automatable. All parameters are assigned to MIDI controllers.
- A flexible file management system allows one, several or all modules to be loaded and saved - enabling easy mixing and matching of module presets saved from different sessions.
- The licensing arrangement allows the licensed user to install and operate VKFX on up to three PCs simultaneously.
- Mouse sensitive tool tips allow the user to get manual-style information by simply hovering the mouse over any area of interest.
- A comprehensive on-line manual in PDF format.
Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX plugin costs US$299 and is now available in Windows VST format as a download, with a boxed version due out early 2005. A demo version is available.
07 Dec 2009 Scarbee announces The Final Sale - 40% Off
05 Feb 2008 Scarbee updates VKFX to v2.0.2
02 Jan 2008 Scarbee releases VKFX v2.0
11 Dec 2007 Scarbee updates Black Bass/Red Bass to v1.1.3
16 Oct 2007 Scarbee releases Red Bass for Kontakt 2
20 Aug 2007 Scarbee releases Black Bass for Kontakt 2
24 Apr 2007 Scarbee offers Downloadable Sample Libraries
28 Mar 2007 Scarbee announces Black Bass for Kontakt
01 Dec 2006 Scarbee releases Vintage Keyboard FX v1.2.3
06 Dec 2005 Scarbee releases Imperial Drums XL
15 Nov 2005 Scarbee Big Birthday Sale - 41% off Today Only
10 Oct 2011 Overloud announces October Sale - 40% off