1st November 2012
Sean Bolton has announced that version 1.0 of Hexter for Linux DSSI is now available.
Hexter is a software synthesizer that models the sound generation of a Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. It can easily load most DX7 patch bank files, edit those patches via a built-in editor or MIDI sys-ex messages, and recreate the sound of the DX7 with great accuracy.
Release 1.0.0 adds significant capability to Hexter over the 0.6.2 release, including:
- An integrated patch editor.
- The option to use floating-point math in the synthesis code instead of fixed point.
- Performance optimizations.
- Better patch bank loading.
- MIDI non-registered parameter (NRPN) support.
Hexter is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.