Shattered Glass Audio has released Ace, a digital emulation of the 1950s, American, all tube, tweed, 5W amp. For added versatility of the plug-in the developers have added two of the most common amplifier mods:
- Adjustment of the amount of feedback. Feedback can be continuously adjusted from zero feedback to the original feedback. Reduction of feedback increases the overall gain and harmonic distortion.
- Addition of grid stopper resistors. This mod makes the sound tighter at higher overdrive/distortion levels by controlling the bias shift due to the grid conduction.
- Accurate modeling of the whole circuit to capture dynamic interactions between amp stages.
- Authentic 12AX7 and 6V6GT vacuum tube models.
- Models of the two most common amp mods.
- Adjustable strength of the input signal with up to 12 dB boost.
- Cabinet simulation that can be switched on or off.
- Selectable 2x, 4x, or 8x oversampling.
Simple controls and a conservative CPU usage designed in to make ACE easy to use in live settings as well as for re-amping.
Price: Free. Ace is available for Mac OS X and Windows in VST Plugin and Audio Units formats.