10th January 2005
Changes in v1.0.6:
- New filters:
- New 2-pole lowpass (more consistent falloff & larger resonance range).
- Parametric EQ type A (bandwidth defined at (peak gain)*0.5 ).
- Parametric EQ type B (bandwidth defined 3dB from unity gain).
- 6-band graphic EQ.
- Slewer (slew-rate distortion with pre & post-EQ).
- Added filter magnitude response plot.
- Peak, bandpass, notch (as well as the new EQ modules) now have a much better HF response than traditional digital EQ.
- Resonance range for LP+HP serial/parallel has changed somewhat. Files made with previous versions may sound slightly different.
- Battery import: the "track"-parameter is now recognized.
- Bug causing slower than desired voice attack-rate fixed. (there was an undesired 32-sample ramp regardless of the AEG attack time, this is now fixed).
- Fixed a memory corruption when loading akai-files.
- Fixed bug that could cause crashes when using 'replace sample'.
- "add sample (next free key)" and "add sample (entire keyboard)" commands added to the list's contextmenu. They allow you to browse samples and play them while browsing.
- "add empty zones (drumkit)" command added to the contextmenu. It will add 3 octaves of zones with no samples assigned to them. By using "replace sample" you can fill them up as you'd like.
- Tempo sync modulation sources added (the ramp from 0 to 1 over the time specified and then repeat).
- Other minor fixes/adjustments.
Changes in v1.0.5:
- The hold section of the envelopes are no longer skipped when attack time is set to the minimum value.
- Some filter parameters which were not valid modulation destinations now work.
- Waveworm view can now be panned by dragging with the left mouse button. shift+LMB zooms in and shift+RMB zooms out.
- Better sounding bidirectional looping.
- New modulation destination: "rate (linear)". It allows you to control the playback speed of samples linearly. Modulated less than -100% it allows you to make the sample go backwards.
- New modulation source: 1 (constant).
24 Sep 2009 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.3 (Mac)
03 Mar 2009 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.2
29 Sep 2008 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.5.1a
25 Jan 2008 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.5
02 Jan 2008 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.5 RC2
06 Nov 2007 Vember Audio sets Shortcircuit Free
22 Sep 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.2.2
11 Sep 2006 Vember Audio updates Surge to v1.2.1
15 Mar 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.1
02 Feb 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.1 beta
05 Jan 2006 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.2
07 Dec 2005 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.2 beta
17 Oct 2005 Vember Audio releases Surge v1.0.1
03 Oct 2005 Vember Audio unveils Surge
28 Jun 2005 Shortcircuit v1.1 released
07 Apr 2005 Shortcircuit updated to v1.0.13
28 Feb 2005 shortcircuit v1.0.10 released
26 Aug 2005 KS:UK Bass Synth Vol 1 released (All Formats)