Skin for Maschine is a new durable, weightless protective membrane that shields your equipment from dust, dirt, scratches and most importantly beer and other liquids.
As the name suggests, Skin has been engineered to fit Maschine like a second skin. Made from a layer of molded silicone, Skin is highly durable, completely transparent and so thin that your pads are still velocity sensitive. That means that you don't need to take it off to use your equipment and that when you do, your Maschine will be good as new underneath.
Faridah Turner, the product's Marketing Manager, had this to say "you can tell that Skin was designed by a DJ and music producer because it prevents one of their worst nightmare scenarios of playing a live set in a club and having someone drop cigarette ash or spill beer all over their expensive equipment. Skin protects your investment, it's like insurance against the most common types of damage and it's only $24.99."
Available now from protectmaschine.com, there are four Skin's to choose from, each custom made to fit one the current models: Maschine MK1, Maschine MK2, Maschine Mikro MK1 and Maschine Mikro MK2.
- Covers the whole surface. Skin is made of thin silicone that is extremely durable, yet incredibly pliable; it even goes under the knobs to form an impermeable barrier.
- Protects from general damage and helps retain equipment value. Skin keeps dust, dirt and liquids from getting inside Maschine, and prevents nasty scratches from marring the outside.
- Designed to be on at all times. Whether in the studio or on the road, Skin protects when using Maschine. Best of all, it's so thin that your drum pads are still velocity sensitive.
- Easy to use and a cinch to remove. If it gets dirty you can wash it with soapy water and wipe dry.
- Transparent. Skin doesn't get in the way of you seeing the screen or Maschine's labels.
- Fits like a glove. Skin is engineered to sit like a second skin over every contour of your Maschine; we've even tapered the silicone under the knobs to maximize protection without affecting performance.
Price: Skin is $24.99 for MK1 / MK2 and $17.99 for Mikros.
For more information on Skin for Maschine please visit protectmaschine.com