27th October 2011
SKnote announced CutterTone, a new vinyl cutting pre-processor plug-in that is useful as a mastering effect or as a mixing tool.
- Bass frequencies stereo width (makes bass mono for a better stereo image).
- "Acceleration limiter" (dynamically controls the amount of high frequencies).
- General dynamics control with background noise.
- VU and peak metering.
- Very light on CPU and latency-free.
CutterTone will be available shortly for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and (soon) RTAS effect plug-in formats. It will have a MSRP of $19.99 or be bundled with StripBus. CutterTone will be free for all StripBus users at the time of its release.
SKnote also announced the new version of StripBus, the console emulation bundle. It includes two new console models (clean solid state and dirty tube) and a bunch of new unique features:
- Inter-track crosstalk (models the crosstalk from every track to other ones).
- Stereo crosstalk.
- Background noise.
- Better mono/stereo management.
- Lower CPU load.
- New multi-mode filters, with new parallel equalizer.
- New large, calibrated VU-peak meter.
- Global extra-headroom control (manage global console "stress" from a single instance).
This new version is a free update for all users and will be available before the end of October.
22 Dec 2011 SKnote releases StripBus v2.0
27 Oct 2011 SKnote announces CutterTone and StripBus update
13 Jun 2011 SKnote releases Necklace - Spring Reverb
27 May 2011 SKnote announces StripBus - Console Emulation