SKnote has released two new VST effect plug-ins for Windows: Baz, a bass saturator, compressor and exciter, and FD4, which offers a set of 4 different, parallel compressors in a single rack. MSRP for each plug-in is €79 (VAT and taxes included).
- Frequency splitting (incoming audio is divided in low and high frequencies for separate processing and mixing).
- Input boost with automatic output compensation (controls dynamics while keeping the output level constant).
- Level based compression (multistage "full band" compression).
- Spectral based selective compression (bass range is divided in bands and each band is limited to tame resonances often found in recorded bass).
- Low band drive. Introduces harmonics to modify the sound or "translate" low frequencies to more suitable range.
Main uses on Bass are:
- Taming resonances (spectral compression).
- Leveling RMS and adding sustain (full band compression).
- Translating frequencies from low to mid-low band (drive).
- Sound processing and equalization.
FD4 is a set of 4 different, parallel compressors in a single rack, each one with a totally different character and saturation. Inspired by a famous mixing technique, it provides multiple parallel compression, with sample accurate mixing between compressors and dry signal.
- Compressor 1: Smooth, even harmonics.
- Compressor 2: Transparent.
- Compressor 3: Fast, odd harmonics.
- Compressor 4: Brickwall limiter.
An optional multiband mode routes each compressor to a separate input/output.