29th March 2005
SKYLIFE has announced the forthcoming release of SampleRobot, which will be launched at this years Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany (April 6th - 9th).
SampleRobot is a stand-alone application that allows fully automatic sampling of real instruments in definable detail and can export in several plug-in sampler formats - WAV, HALion, VSampler and SF2. SampleRobot is billed as the missing link between sound source and software sampler, making it easy to record audio and to create multi-samples in one go.
SampleRobot works as a copying machine for sounds. If there are MIDI connections available between an instrument and a computer SampleRobot sends out MIDI note messages and controller information, note by note. The external device receives the MIDI information and plays back the sounds. At the same time SampleRobot is in audio recording mode. Just a few mouse clicks and a fully detailed sampled Synthesizer with all internal sound programs is on your hard drive ready to be played with any available software sampler. SampleRobot is also equipped with half automatic recording functions for sampling of acoustic instruments.
All procedures like sending MIDI Note on and off, program change, audio recording, naming, editing, audio fade calculation, loop creation, multi-sample mapping, and export are executed fully automatically. SampleRobot is designed to work practically completely on its own while the user keeps full control of all parameters manually. And, SampleRobot's sampling engine is non destructive. Complex multi-sample recordings can now be done in a jiffy. SampleRobot can create, arrange and archive whole projects full of multi-sample layers.
- Fully automatic sampling of MIDI sound devices that are connected to a Windows compatible MIDI and audio interface.
- Automatic output of velocity, after touch, MIDI controllers, program change to record all sound nuances.
- Half automatic sampling of sound sources that are not equipped with a MIDI interface.
- Auto functions and user macros for recording format and length, editing, normalizing, fading samples.
- Automatic creation of crossfade loops, backward-forward loops and combinations.
- Auto arrangement and mapping of multi samples including key maps with velocity splits and real time MIDI controller assignment.
- Auto naming from an external ASCII file.
- Batch multi sample creation from an uncut audio file.
- Multi sample export formats: HALion, SoundFont2 and VSampler.
- Audio file export format: single samples as WAV.
- Data export file format: SRO (SampleRobot).
- Sampling of Windows audio streams, played by other applications in the background.
- Pitch information read and write (WAV files).
SampleRobot will have an MSRP of EU€249 (~US$330$) and can be preordered now.