Softube has released several new plug-ins and updated their software to v2.4.36.
- Apollo Central For Console 1
- Fix Phaser
- Saturation Knob for Modular.
- 4ms Pingable Envelope Generator (PEG) for Modular.
Modular music makers can now use the Saturation Knob from within Modular. And all Console 1 mix masters, if you have an UAD Apollo Audio Interface, you can use the new Apollo Central For Console 1 mode.
Fix Phaser is a perfect complement to the modulation toolbox found in Fix Flanger and Doubler. Create subtle movement and texture in a string section or synth pad, wash a drum kit in stratospheric swirling attitude, create a throbbing, oscillating vibrato in a vocal, or simply swoosh and whoosh things to your heart's content. The Fix Phaser is now available with a price tag of $99, but they're offering an introductory price of $79 until February 8th, 2018.
A long-awaited addition to the Softube Modular platform, the 4ms Pingable Envelope Generator opens up a vast array of possibilities beyond the basic ADSR envelope generator included in the core Modular package. Two independent envelope generators can be 'pinged' by external sources - your DAW clock, for example - to define the cycle-length of the envelope (s) and generate rhythmic effects and interactions never before possible in Modular.
Features and Fixes in 2.4.36:
- Console 1: The On-Screen Display menu bar application has gotten a new hi-res icon.
- We have fixed several graphics issues with the new OpenGL system.
- Modular: It is now possible to use spaces in performance parameter names on Windows in VST2 and VST3.
- Modular: Fixed a rare bug that made it impossible to patch to to some output jacks.
- Modular: The Doepfer A-132 Dual VCA now passes no sound in Exp mode when the gain in zero. We also made zero gain to be the default setting.
- Fixed an issue with CPU spikes in Bitwig when running VST3.
- Console 1: Fixed an phasing issue in the SSL 9000k channel strip when used with UAD plug-ins in 44 and 48 kHz.
- Console 1: Fixed an issue with UAD plug-ins in 32-bit hosts to avoid out of memory crashes.
- Console 1: Implemented support for multiple open sessions in Studio One when using VST3.
- Tape: Removed the audible click at the start of playback when using Color Type C.
- Summit Audio Grand Channel: Fixed the output bursts that occurred when turning Saturation parameter fast.