Softube has announced availability of version 2.3.76 of its plug-ins installer with a fix for Windows 10 users and a long line of minor bug fixes, plus two new utility modules are available free of charge to existing and future Modular owners.
Dual X-Fade is a two-channel, CV-controllable crossfade module that lets you create new and interesting textures by blending two separate mono signals. For example, patch in two different waveforms from an oscillator — such as sine or saw — and use the blend knob to set the level between the two signals. You can also morph seamlessly between them by manually adjusting the blend knob while the song is playing or control the knob with an LFO via CV.
A two-channel, CV-controllable panning module, use Dual Pan to place one or two mono signals anywhere in the stereo mix panorama, such as two percussive sounds that the user wants to separate in the stereo image, for example. The 1+2 outputs can be used for a stereo sum of the two L and two R outputs. Dual Pan can also be used as an A/B switch to send a CV or audio signal to two different inputs.
Modular owners can download the new installer, run it, and the new modules will be available in the Module Selector window.
Changes in v.2.3.76
In this release Softube did a lot of maintenance to both Mac and Windows versions, especially fixing a problem with Windows 10 DAWs:
- Updates to security certificates on both Mac and Windows to support new OS standards. Among other things this fixes the problem with crashes in some Windows 10 DAWs. The change unfortunately means that it is no longer possible to run the plug-ins in Windows XP or Vista.
- Modular: Added Dual Pan and Dual X-Fader utility modules.
- Console 1: Removed a CPU spike on Console 1 when starting playback using VST3 hosts.
- Console 1: Solo Safe is now not set when loading presets.
- Console 1: Fixed bug that made it impossible to change auto display time.
- Modular: Renaming Performance parameters now works on Windows.
- Modular: Fixed an issue where Modular FX would not receive MIDI when using Audio Units.
- Cakewalk SONAR: Fixed a sound processing bug with Softube products that use Pro Channel 64-bit processing.
- Cakewalk SONAR: Fixed a crash when closing last instance of plugin.
- Studio One 3.3: Fixed crash in Console 1 and Modular.
- Transient Shaper: Fixed a minor meter issue.
- FET Compressor: Fixed an issue with the Gain reduction meter.
- Windows: Fixed an issue that could limit the amount of different Softube plug-ins you could use in a DAW or cause Pro Tools to fail to scan some plug-ins.
- Windows: Fixed an issue where trying to run VST3 plug-ins with a missing license could cause exceptions.
- Various performance tweaks and bug fixes.