Solcito Musica has updated Supersonico, a synth VSTi for Windows, to version 4.0.
New in SuperSonico 4.0:
- Added "eco CPU" option with a button for saving CPU charge. It can eliminate some audio clicks caused by CPU charge.
- The presets of version 3.5 can be loaded, but those are not 100% compatible.
- The total amount of presets was expanded from 58 to 80.
- Replaced the volume control on the sub oscillator by a balance control between the sub oscillator and the harmonics.
- Modified the Internal volume control ranges of oscillator, sub, noise, to optimize the final volume of the synthesizer.
- Unified the "boost" function of the previous version with the main volume. Therefore, it was eliminated the "boost" switch.
- Two types of filter were added, so that now both filters have high pass, low pass, band pass.
- Added the series / parallel options in filters, done with the new selector "path". The "drift" function were added to approach and to optimize the series path.
- Optimized the response curve of knob "pulse" of the oscillator.
- Added gain compensation according to quantity and amplitude of harmonics to avoid very noticeable volume differences when handling the sliders of the harmonics.
- Added volume compensation when making phase variations of harmonics in the oscillator.
- Added functions in the sub oscillator: now its waveform can be tweaked and there are Hi and Lo frequency options.
- Light indications on certain labels and knobs were implemented.
- Optimized the control of pulse wave polarity to avoid saturation by unwanted DC component and to save CPU load.
- Added and re-edited various help texts.
The fully operational stand-alone version is free; the VSTi version requires a donation of $8.00.