Solid State Logic has released version 2.0 of the Duende software and released Drumstrip, a drum processing plug-in for Duende.
Duende Software 2.0
- Time limited trial version of Drumstrip included in installer; the first optional plug-in for the Duende platform.
- Mouse Wheel control of all Duende plug-in parameters.
- Duende DSP resources are released following a freeze command in Cubase and Nuendo.
- Mac: Multiple Duende GUIs now use shared host memory. This will improve host performance in some cases.
- Mac: RTAS installer is now separate from VST/AU/Driver in Mac OS. This simplifies the installation procedure.
- Bus Compressor now compatible with Cubase 4.
- In some circumstances Duende VST plug-ins would not be recognized in a new install of Windows XP. This was due to software dependencies and is now fixed.
- Win: The gate/expander meters are now more accurately reporting their close status.
- Improved DSP resource allocation.
- Previously mono and stereo Audio Unit presets were not interchangeable. This is now fixed.
Key features of Drumstrip include:
- Carefully selected collection of five audio processing tools.
- Transient shaper with Transient Invert to bring the attack phase of your drums to life.
- Transient Shaper Audition enables you to isolate and monitor the effect of the Transient Shaper.
- “Over-Easy” soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions.
- Dedicated drum Gate with range and independent open and close threshold controls.
- High Frequency Enhancer to invigorate top end.
- Low Frequency Enhancer to improve bass frequencies.
- The classic SSL Listen Mic Compressor with additional bypass function to alter the legendary band-limited compression to full range compression.
- Adjustable processor order—because a different processing order is required for different types of drums.
- Input & Output Level metering with additional RMS meters, dynamic range indicators and threshold indicators.