Sonic Charge has released version 3.1 of Microtonic, a free upgrade featuring 64-bit compatibility, new MIDI controlling possibilities (including pattern edits via MIDI CC) and a new skin with spacier layout and crispier pixels (There are several other minor improvements and bug fixes - see below).
One important addition is a utility called Authenticator that will help you register and unlock the Sonic Charge products you own by simply entering the logon name and password you have chosen for their website. An internet connection is required to do this, but in case you do not have a connection you can still register from within the plug-in with your name, email and registration key. Authenticator exists to help you, not to be a copy protection system.
With this release Sonic Charge are also consolidating their downloadable patch packages into a single installer. As a bonus, the installer contains a brand new package called Patternarium Stellar Beats Volume 1. It consists of the 100 most popular beats yet on their ever ongoing genetic experiment of Patternarium.
- First fully 64-bit compatible version.
- Supports MIDI CC out for updating MIDI controllers with current parameter values.
- Supports MIDI CC for mutes as well as MIDI keys.
- Supports using MIDI CC to perform pattern edits.
- Drum patches that are loaded from factory preset folders are now referenced to with relative file paths meaning that it will be easier to use the drum patch browser to change patches in factory presets.
- Signed packages on Mac OS X.
- Name of DLLs changed from MicroTonic(Multi)VST.dll to Microtonic(Multi).dll only. Name of plugin is Microtonic from now on, not ?Tonic or MicroTonic. Logotype is still ?TONIC.
- Fixed a bug where MIDI events occurring simultaneously would be processed in incorrect order, e.g. a note with 100% legato could stop the next note with its note off event.
- Max length of program name reported to host is 64 characters.
- De-initializes and releases all resources when last instance is removed from project.
- Updated to latest support libraries. Lots of minor stability and compatibility improvements.
- In the file browser, drum patches are previewed on the individual outputs that they will load into.
- Supports automatic online registration through Sonic Charge Authenticator.
- New skin. Bigger. Beautifuller. Spacier. Space is the future.