17th December 2013
Sonic Visualiser has been updated to version 2.3 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Changes in Sonic Visualiser 2.3:
- Add a startup welcome dialog that also explains what SV makes network connections for and allows user to forbid them.
- Add "Export Audio Data" feature.
- Show piano keyboard scale in note and time-value layers as well as spectrogram, where vertical scale is log Hz; also show numerical scale in note and region layers when not auto-aligned.
- Speed up CSV file import and avoid showing crazily wide window for CSV file format dialog when file has lots of columns.
- Fix incorrectly saved window geometry when exiting from maximised state.
- Reduce number of timer wakeups when idle.
- Add American English translation and make choice of translation into a preference (defaulting to system locale).
- Permit installation to non-default location with Windows installer build.
Changes in Sonic Visualiser 2.2:
- Build with support for hidpi ("retina") text on OS/X.
- Fix very slow analysis when using Ogg or FLAC files decoded via libsndfile.
- Fix inaccurate scale auto-align between time-value layers and others.
- Fix failure to open files specified on command line (or via Open With) on Windows.
- Reset cyclical counters and switch back to navigate mode when a new session is started.