8th December 2003
The µTonic features a unique drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine. You can use the µTonic as an ordinary sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer (provided your sequencer supports synchronization of plug-ins). The sound of the µTonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.
- Eight channel drum and percussion synthesizer. Fully automatable.
- Pattern based drum machine engine, synchronized to the host sequencer.
- 100% synthetic sound, rendered in real-time. No samples!
- Versatile sound architecture allow for a wide variety of tweakable drums and effects.
- Powerful sound shaping possibilities, including equalizing and distortion for each channel.
- Uncompromised audio quality (Over-sampled oscillators, sample accurate triggering etc.).
- Extreme parameter ranges with virtually infinite resolutions. Works in any sample-rate.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface with context menus, popup hints etc.
- Cut, copy, paste, load and save programs, individual drum patches and patterns.
- Plenty of creative editing options, including randomizing functions etc.
- MIDI out support. Use the pattern engine to control other plug-ins.
- CPU efficient. Typically less than 5% CPU utilization for all eight channels on a 2.0GHz P4.
- Comes bundled with a hefty chunk of factory sounds and patterns, free to use in productions.
Sonic Charge µTonic was created by Magnus Lidström. Magnus is best known for his work with Propellerhead Software. In particular, he was the brain behind the highly acclaimed Malström synthesizer introduced in Reason 2.0. (Magnus is also responsible for Typhoon, the alternative OS for the Yamaha TX16W.)
The price for the µTonic is $69 and sales are handled online through the Sonic Charge website. A demo version is available for download.
07 Jul 2005 Sonic Charge MicroTonic v2.0 released
22 Dec 2004 Best of 2004 released for MicroTonic
27 Sep 2004 NuEdge releases Sonic Charge MicroTonic for OS X
08 Dec 2003 Sonic Charge MicroTonic released
15 Oct 2003 Sonic Charge MicroTonic beta testers required
02 Dec 2004 New Banks Uploaded