7th July 2005
For a complete list of the changes in this release please see the release notes, the main new features are detailed below:
- There is an alternative version of the µTonic with separate outputs for each drum channel ("MicroTonicVSTMulti").
- The µTonic features built-in support for MIDI controllers with easy-to-use on-screen editing and "MIDI learn". A MIDI controller can be assigned to a parameter in a specific drum channel, or if you prefer, to edit the currently selected drum channel. Once you have created your assignments you can save and load them.
- The program and drum patch file browsers feature direct previewing within the browsers. You can preview programs and patterns in their original tempo or synchronized to the music you are playing. Programs and individual drum patches can be previewed and compared directly without leaving the browser.
- There is a "pitched MIDI mode" which allows you to actually play melodies with the drum patches on your keyboard. In "pitched mode", the eight drum channels are addressed with MIDI channels 1 to 8 and you have the entire keyboard for each channel. C3 (note number 60) will play the "original pitch". This opens up new possibilities when you will be able to use the µTonic not only for drums, but also for melodies and bass lines.
- The oscillator section has been blessed with an attack parameter so that you can achieve a softer sound and reduce the click of those 808-style bass drums. The attack envelope is exponential, just like the default envelope mode of the noise section.
- You can export individual patterns (or chains) to standard MIDI files and WAV files.
The upgrade is free for all registered users. The price is still $69 (excl. VAT) for new customers, but the price will be raised on October 1 to $89.
MicroTonic version 2.0 is currently available in VST format for Windows and Mac OS X. An Audio Unit version is under development and due for release later in 2005.
07 Jul 2005 Sonic Charge MicroTonic v2.0 released
22 Dec 2004 Best of 2004 released for MicroTonic
27 Sep 2004 NuEdge releases Sonic Charge MicroTonic for OS X
08 Dec 2003 Sonic Charge MicroTonic released
15 Oct 2003 Sonic Charge MicroTonic beta testers required
02 Dec 2004 New Banks Uploaded