What it can do:
- Export 32-/64-bit standalone VST/AU plug-ins for Mac OS X.
- Export 32-bit standalone VST plug-ins for Windows.
- Feedback loops are now sample based (which means recursive filters can now be implemented directly in SonicBirth, see lowpass).
- You can save small circuits in ~/Documents/SonicBirth/Circuits/, and they'll appear in the module list like other modules, upon relaunch (please share those).
What it can't do:
- No document management: it will happily discard any unsaved modifications if you create or open a new document.
- No undo/redo.
- No MIDI support.
- No custom GUI.
- A lot of modules and features are missing.
Find out more and download from the SonicBirth forum.
19 Nov 2007 SonicBirth updated to v1.3
23 Nov 2006 SonicBirth v1.1.5 now available
07 Apr 2006 SonicBirth v1.1.4 now available
17 Mar 2006 SonicBirth v1.1.3 now available
08 Feb 2006 SonicBirth v1.1.2 now available
09 Dec 2005 SonicBirth v1.1.1 released
14 Nov 2005 SonicBirth v1.1 released
21 Sep 2005 SonicBirth v1.0.2 available
02 Sep 2005 SonicBirth v1.0.1 released (runtime now free)
19 Jul 2005 SonicBirth v1.0 released
06 Jun 2005 SonicBirth Preview Version 6 now available
18 Apr 2005 SonicBirth Preview Version 5 released
24 Mar 2005 SonicBirth Preview release 3 now available
16 Feb 2005 SonicBirth updated to Preview Version 2
01 Feb 2005 SonicBirth Preview Version 1 now available