24th June 2013
Soniccouture has announced the release of Clav, which is described as "a state-of-the-art reproduction of a Hohner D6 clavinet" for Kontakt Player and Kontakt.
A surgical approach to sampling the instrument involved specially modifying the instrument to provide separate outputs for each pickup, and add an input to the switchable D6 preamp EQ. This allowed Soniccouture to sample each pickup separately, which is how they are presented in the final virtual instrument.
This makes it possible to precisely emulate the phase switching of the original instrument, as well as adding the unique ability to pan pickups in stereo, and to bypass the preamp for a clean 'direct output'.
- 9.6 GB library (5 GB with Kontakt NCW compression).
- 14,800 samples, 24-bit 48 kHz sampling.
- 5 octaves: 60 notes, from F1 to E5.
- 31 velocities on all articulations; straight, mute, release, and mute release.
- Intelligent round robin, switchable.
- Modeled impulse responses of Hohner Clavinet D6 preamp / filters.
- Control over individual pickup gain and pan, with direct out.
- Sound design presets included.
- Demo MIDI files included.
- Custom effects panel with MIDI controllable wah-wah effect & Soniccouture impulse response reverb library.
- Compatible with free Kontakt Player 5 - VST AU RTAS.
Availability and Pricing
Available now as Download, priced €99 / $119.
Intro Offer: Get £10 / €15 / $20 off the MSRP by entering this code: ISMELLFUNK. This offer ends 5th July, 2013.
Audio Demos: http://soundcloud.com/soniccouture/sets/clav