Soniccouture has announced the release of Ondes, a virtual "Ondes Martenot" for Kontakt Player and Kontakt.
Recorded with world-famous Ondist Thomas Bloch, the instrument features extensive sampling of the Ondes oscillators, convolution emulation of each of the 3 loudspeakers, and the ability to setup real-time control for all types of MIDI controller. Also included is the PolyOndes, a polyphonic synth based on the Ondes oscillators and speakers.
Ondes Main Panel:
- Send level faders for each of the Ondes Martenot speakers, + line out level.
- Faders for each of the 7 oscillators + 'Tutti' switch.
- ADSR envelope control (optional, depending on Setup).
- Brightness control - switchable to 12db Filter with resonance.
- Detune, Width and Saturation faders.
Ondes Speaker Edit Panel:
- Convolution modelling of each speaker.
- Close, Far and Room stereo mic positions for each speaker.
- 4 different original settings from D2 Spring reverb.
- AMP and DECAY settings for each IR processor.
Ondes Performance Setup
The Setup Panel is a custom scripted MIDI control matrix. Depending on your playing ability and available MIDI controllers, you can configure the Ondes instruments realtime control options in a number of different ways.
- Custom Glide (Ring) Scripting - realtime control of portamento time.
- Control pitch and volume independently using Aftertouch, XY pad or any MIDI cc.
- 'Exclude Key ' function - emulate touche d’intensité
- Save User control setups and load to any preset.
The Poly-Ondes is a bonus instrument: a polyphonic synth using the Ondes Martenot oscillators and speaker modelling : create fabulous vintage pad sounds with full LFO and filter modulation, detune all 7 oscillators and play them back through the speakers for an incredibly characterful sound. There are 50 Poly-Ondes presets showing the sound design possibilities.
Pricing & Availability
Ondes is available now on DVD and Download priced at €89 / $129.
Intro Offer: Until Midnight G.M.T., 5th April, 2011, customers can get 15% off the full price of Ondes - just enter the following code at the checkout: 0RAP1CJ30E.