Sonimus has released SonEQ Pro, a new four-band equalizer plug-in inspired by various high-end analog equalizers.
Sonimus adapted and incorporated the best qualities from the hardware classics into a single cohesive, yet versatile software design. As such, SonEQ Pro aims to serve as a first choice equalizer for mixing engineers of all genres.
Sonimus's first plugin, SonEQ (Free), began as a hobbyist's labor of love, but quickly became a powerful "go-to" mix tool for many amateurs and professionals alike. Drawing on expertise in analysis and design gained through creation of later plugins, Satson and Sweetone, Sonimus set out to build a completely new EQ from the ground up. Thus, SonEQ Pro was born.
SonEQ Pro features:
- Improved modeling: SonEQ Pro sounds close to the analog equipment it emulates.
- Refined EQ curves: Curves maintain their integrity and purity of form near the Nyquist, resulting in more analog-like sound and behavior.
- Low-Band Bell Filter Switch: Transforms SonEQ Pro's low-band into a bell filter upon engagement.
- High-Cut Control: Combines a low-pass 6dB/oct. with a shelf filter for soft and smooth sounding cuts.
- New High-Mid Band.
- Remodeled High-Pass Filter.
- Low CPU Consumption.
- VST 32-bits for Windows.
- VST 64-bits for Windows.
- RTAS for Windows.
- VST for Mac 32/64-bits (Mac Intel OS X 10.5 or above).
- AU for Mac Intel 32/64-bits (Mac Intel OS X 10.5 or above).
- RTAS for Mac OS X (Mac Intel OS X 10.5 or above).
- The AAX platform will be released in the near future.