Sonnox has announced that the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in, which offers the ability to audition, encode and decode audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC in real-time, has been updated to version 2.0.
Version 2 sees the inclusion of Apple's iTunes Plus codec so you can mix directly for the "Mastered for iTunes" programme, monitoring the same clip behaviour as the iTunes encoding chain - saving you time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process.
Also new in Version 2:
- 64-bit compatibility.
- Additional codec - Fraunhofer MPEG Surround.
- Additional codec - Apple AAC iTunes Plus (Mac only).
- AAC-LC support for 256kbps VBR.
- AAC-LC and HE-AAC support for 96kHz sample rate.
- HD-AAC support for 16-bit files.
Pricing is the same: £295 / $495. Existing owners can upgrade free of charge here.