2nd June 2011
Sonnox has announced the release of the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec, a plug-in designed for the real-time auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio signals using Fraunhofer codecs.
“Our Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec marks the first time engineers are able to precisely audition codecs in real time,” reports Sonnox Managing Director Rod Densham. “Additionally, the Pro-Codec eliminates the time-consuming cycle of encoding a mix to mp3/AAC, previewing, tweaking and re-rendering. The entire process may now be accomplished ‘on the fly,’ freeing the engineer to concentrate on producing an optimized mix during the preview process.”
Mix and mastering engineers may now audition up to five codecs in real time within a DAW environment. The Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the production of optimized mixes, and provides the option to simultaneously batch encode to multiple formats. All major codecs, including: mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC and HE-AAC are supported, as are such lossless codecs as mp3 HD and HD-AAC.
Sonnox has devised a novel high-resolution FFT display which vividly illustrates the input and output difference signals and a graphical indication of codec-induced noise audibility. Bit-stream level meters clearly display the possibility of decode overloads. A-B auditioning enables engineers to switch seamlessly between codecs, or input and codec. A blind listening mode (ABX) further supports codec comparisons.
- Supported Codecs:
- mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2.
- mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs).
- Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files.
- Comprehensive auditioning with glitchless switching.
- Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output.
- AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal.
- ABX mode for blind statistical testing.
- Graphical displays include:
- High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process.
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads.
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression.
- Phase metering.
- Off-line encoding and decoding.
Pricing & Availability
The Pro-Codec costs £295 / $495 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS effect plug-in formats.
04 Jan 2013 Sonnox TransMod 40% Off Until January 31, 2013
03 Dec 2012 40% Off Sonnox Oxford Limiter in December
23 Nov 2012 50% off Sonnox bundles in the Black Friday Sale
25 Aug 2011 Sonnox updates Oxford R3 EQ AU to v1.1.0
02 Jun 2011 Sonnox releases Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in
19 Jan 2011 Sonnox announces "Fraunhofer Pro-Codec" plug-in
04 Aug 2010 Sonnox announces Summer Madness Sale
11 Mar 2010 Sonnox updates Oxford Series (Mac VST & RTAS)
30 Nov 2009 Sonnox releases Sonnox Restore
12 Nov 2009 Sonnox updates Oxford Limiter AU to v1.1.0