Sonokinetic has announced the release of their newest Kontakt library: Kemençe - Middle Eastern Violin. It's available for download now for €49,90.
Originating from the vast area between the black sea and Persia, this instrument comes in several forms, sizes and sounds. Mediterranean and Eurasian mixed with Persian and Middle Eastern musical heritage come together in the sound and deep musical ethnic presence of these instruments.
The classical Kemençe is a pear-shaped 40 cm in height, bowed string instrument with a distinctive and immediately recognizable sound. Based on more than 10 different styles these performances are divided into "traditionals" and "improvisations". Where the traditionals focus more on melodies within a particular middle eastern tone scale, improvisations focus on a more cinematic melodic approach.
Kemençe's intelligent legato script gives you an opportunity to play this instrument in real time to create your own melodic lines, complete with transition notes and bowed sustains.
Kemençe was recorded at Sonokinetic Studios in Istanbul with their renowned sound team and Kemençe master Mahinur Sezener.
- Core samples: Classical Kemençe.
- 1 instrument for Kontakt 4.2.4 and Kontakt 5.0.3.
- Tempo-synced Phrases featuring Intelligent Time Machine (ITM).
- Phrasing available pitched to key.
- 4800+ samples. (8.4+ GB sample content).
- Authentic Legato samples and scripting.
- Traditionals & Improvisation phrases.
- Auto ending to phrases.
- xfade modwheel dynamics for legato patches.
- Modwheel phrase start control.
- GUI harmonic key display.
- Full tempo sync control.
- Kontakt 5 optimized "Time machine Pro" programming.
- 1 impulse response: 24-bit wave format.
- Real-time sample content purging and loading.
- End Users Agreement.
- Kemençe Reference document (PDF).
- Artwork : "Kemençe" DVD cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa.
- Watermarked Kontakt patches.
- All files in 44.1 kHz, 24-Bit AIF format.
- Programmed for Native Instruments Kontakt (Full versions).
- Classical Kemençe, aka Armudi aka Fasil.
- Turkey – Black sea region.