31st July 2013
Sonokinetic has released Qanun, a multi-sampled and performance sampled Qanun for Kontakt. This instrument complements Sonokinetic's other Arabic instruments such as Ney and Kemence to build an ethnic ensemble.
The Qanun (also known as Qanoun and Kanun) is a dulcimer or zither-like instrument of 81 strings stretched over a frame and plucked with the fingers or picks. Its distinctive tone comes from the grouping of strings and levers which create the scales.
Sonokinetic's Qanun was recorded in Istanbul by expert engineer and composer Ceyda Pirali in high fidelity audio quality. The player is the renowned performer Gunay Celik who learnt his craft at the State Turkish Music Conservatory. He studied the playing styles and techniques for many years before becoming a master in 1992. He taught Qanun at university level and has played with the Istanbul University Ensemble and Ayangil Turkish Music Orchestra. His credits also include many performances with Turkish radio and television. Currently, Gunay is working at the State of Turkish Classical Music Ensemble. He has kindly agreed to allow Sonokinetic to capture his unique playing style with traditional songs and hundreds of improvisations.
For the multi-sampled playable instrument Sonokinetic have captured multiple round robins and velocity layers so that you can play the instrument chromatically. For the improvisations and songs, Sonokinetic Qanun features tempo-synced performances in root keys. These samples are wrapped in an intuitive interface. In addition, the convolution reverb creates a realistic ambience, evoking the spirit of Arabia.
- 6.6 GB sample pool, 14934 samples.
- 3 playing styles: Multi-sampled, Songs and Improvisations.
- Tempo-synced performances, pitched to root key.
- ITM (Intelligent Time Machine) function for half and double time tempo-syncing.
- Kontakt 5 optimized "Time machine Pro" programming.
- Mod wheel phrase start control.
- Full sustains up to 10 seconds long.
- Multiple round robin samples.
- 1 realistic impulse response.
- Multiple velocity layers.
- Automatic RAM loading and purging.
- Custom designed interface.
- Open Kontakt format for complete user customisation (Kontakt 4.2.4 or 5 Full version only, NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player).
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- Qanun Reference document (PDF).
Available from: http://www.sonokinetic.net/products/ethnic/qanun/
20 Jan 2014 Sonokinetic releases Celesta for Kontakt
12 Dec 2013 Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas
31 Jul 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Qanun" for Kontakt 4 & 5
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt
30 Oct 2012 Sonokinetic offers 30% Halloween Discount
13 Oct 2012 Sonokinetic releases "Bagpipes" for Kontakt
16 Apr 2014 FrozenPlain sale - 30% off all Kontakt Libraries
10 Apr 2014 Sample Logic releases new TryPack for Kontakt